Could I have gotten away from this hand?

A

altruist

Enthusiast
Total posts
Stacks: - BB with 14820 - UTG with 40548 - BTN with 25691 - SB with 38853

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* - Dealt to BB:
td.gif
ts.gif

* - Sklansky group 2
Preflop:
**- 2 players fold.
BTN calls [600]
* - SB calls [300] Hero raises to 2,400 BTN raises to 4,200
**- 1 players fold.
Hero calls [1,800]
* - Total folds this street: 3
* - Potsize: 9000
Flop:
2h.gif
5d.gif
6d.gif
Hero checks BTN checks
* - Potsize: 9000
Turn:
7s.gif
Hero bets [10,620, and is all in] BTN calls [10,620] Hero shows :
td.gif
ts.gif
BTN shows :
as.gif
ah.gif

* - Potsize: 19630
River:
kc.gif

* - Hero shows a pair of Tens
* - BTN shows a pair of Aces BTN wins the pot (30,240) with a pair of Aces

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Can you clarify situation, there are only 4 players seated but the blinds are 300/600? Were you down to the final 4, or was this some sort of 6 seater tournament? Seems odd that you are the shortstack but still have 23BB.

I don't think it's possible to fold 10 10 4-handed on a 7 high board, this was one of those action hands that I always seem to be on the wrong end of too. You should be looking to double up here, and I can't see you will get a better spot than this.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Total posts
Considering we're OOP I just shove over his bizarre preflop button limp-reraise I think. As played, with TT, 23BB and a nondescript flop like that, you're going broke one way or another here, as villain will have missed overcards more often than AA-JJ.

Don't be results-oriented - even if two players play their hands perfectly one of them still has to lose. :)

B

baconn

Enthusiast
Total posts
Since villian reraise you on pre-flop I would immediately put him on a pocket pair. It would have been really hard to lay down 1010 on the flop but I would be more caurious in the future.

A

altruist

Enthusiast
Total posts
Can you clarify situation, there are only 4 players seated but the blinds are 300/600? Were you down to the final 4, or was this some sort of 6 seater tournament? Seems odd that you are the shortstack but still have 23BB.

I don't think it's possible to fold 10 10 4-handed on a 7 high board, this was one of those action hands that I always seem to be on the wrong end of too. You should be looking to double up here, and I can't see you will get a better spot than this.

MTT (Multitable Tournament) separated into two tables.. 11 players left, I think there were 2 tables, 6 players and 5.

The hand right before, I had aces and the exact same guy had AK. I doubled up.

The very next hand he gets aces against my tens and gets it all back, eliminating me. Cute.

A

altruist

Enthusiast
Total posts
I agree with you baconn, with his funny limp re-raise preflop, I should've suspected something was up.

If only the flop didn't come so perfect, and it wasn't 5 way, and he wasn't the guy who just doubled me up with AK.

allndave

allndave

Rock Star
Total posts
if it wasn't for those darn "if's, and's , and but's" this game would be alot easier to figure out

G

GivPeace

Enthusiast
Total posts
almost impossible to get away from after the flop came out but possible to fold pre-flop. one alarm that would have gone off for me is he limped and then re-raised with close to 1/5 of his stack this is a very common play for Queens-Aces, Still really hard to get away from I wouldn't beat your self up over it

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands