CC Guys v Gals #1 - V plays blind

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I decided (without telling you guys, duh) that I would play the CC Guys v Gals first event with a sticker over my screen where the cards would be.
I did this mainly to see how well I would be able to read weaknesses of other players online, how well I could use position and aggression to win pots without showdowns, see how well I'd be able to produce consistent betting patterns that looked like I had a monster hand every time, and how I could manipulate my table image to consistently win pots without showdown.

My thoughts: I am very happy with how the experience turned out. First of all, I doubled my chip stack winning pots with no showdowns. My betting patterns stayed consistent and believable (I was able to c-bet people out of pots, and raise a couple times when I sensed weakness. I believe I was able to use my table image to make these plays without my opponents knowing that I was out of line.)
What I would have done differently: I think that, while my c-bets were effective at pushing people out of pots (mostly ~2/3 pot bets), I feel like I may have won bigger pots if I made a smaller bet on the flop, built the pot, and then taken it away on a subsequent betting round. Hindsight is 20/20.

I also got superlucky when I tried to steal a pot and won a big pot to become tournament chip leader. That was fun 'til I pot commited myself against TB with a completely dominated hand. (like 8%)

Stats: I was ~20/19 throughout this, whereas I usually range from 20-26/20-22. Thus, I was more tight and more aggressive. I attribute this to the fact that I could not rely on cards to decide whether or not to play a hand, and could only play where I thought aggression could bully people out. I think this is as good as I can play without cards. I intend to do this more, to help me fix my game into a more aggressive, more effective style to hopefully help me FT a big tournament soon (I haven't played a big MTT seriously in a while anyway, this is motivation to do so.)

Next several posts will be the HHs for this tournament.
Enjoy Rex, and whoever else will actually read these. (Probably no one but still)

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I decided (without telling you guys, duh) that I would play the CC Guys v Gals first event with a sticker over my screen where the cards would be.
I did this mainly to see how well I would be able to read weaknesses of other players online, how well I could use position and aggression to win pots without showdowns, see how well I'd be able to produce consistent betting patterns that looked like I had a monster hand every time, and how I could manipulate my table image to consistently win pots without showdown.

My thoughts: I am very happy with how the experience turned out. First of all, I doubled my chip stack winning pots with no showdowns. My betting patterns stayed consistent and believable (I was able to c-bet people out of pots, and raise a couple times when I sensed weakness. I believe I was able to use my table image to make these plays without my opponents knowing that I was out of line.)
What I would have done differently: I think that, while my c-bets were effective at pushing people out of pots (mostly ~2/3 pot bets), I feel like I may have won bigger pots if I made a smaller bet on the flop, built the pot, and then taken it away on a subsequent betting round. Hindsight is 20/20.

I also got superlucky when I tried to steal a pot and won a big pot to become tournament chip leader. That was fun 'til I pot commited myself against TB with a completely dominated hand. (like 8%)

Stats: I was ~20/19 throughout this, whereas I usually range from 20-26/20-22. Thus, I was more tight and more aggressive. I attribute this to the fact that I could not rely on cards to decide whether or not to play a hand, and could only play where I thought aggression could bully people out. I think this is as good as I can play without cards. I intend to do this more, to help me fix my game into a more aggressive, more effective style to hopefully help me FT a big tournament soon (I haven't played a big MTT seriously in a while anyway, this is motivation to do so.)

Next several posts will be the HHs for this tournament.
Enjoy Rex, and whoever else will actually read these. (Probably no one but still)

This is a fantastic idea, and one that I have done myself in the past (usually a sng). Nice work sir!

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesn't fit: it's attached in 12 parts.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• HHBLIND1.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 16
  • HHBLIND2.txt
    15.4 KB · Views: 6
  • HHBLIND3.txt
    18.7 KB · Views: 7
  • HHBLIND4.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 4
  • HHBLIND5.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 4
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More:

Attachments

• HHBLIND6.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 3
  • HHBLIND7.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 5
  • HHBLIND8.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 5
  • HHBLIND9.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
  • HHBLIND10.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 3
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last two :)

Attachments

• HHBLIND11.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 5
  • HHBLIND12.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 6
aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The blind guy finished higher than me :(...

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I couldn't tell. You pushed me off a few pots. Interesting idea.
If you need any HH'S from me, let me know (I think I might have got you to fold on a resteal...have to check).
Looking forward to seeing some of these posts.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought you were being aggressive yesterday :)

heres from hand 14 i think -

"vanquish331: bets 135
beardyian said, "theres already plenty of stealing going me thinks lol"

- i know i did knock you off one hand a couple of deals after that :D

It is a good idea and one i have often heard talked about and a good way of reading any signs.

Nice experiment - but can you do it on another table next time? lol :rolleyes: :D

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent, I'll have a read later Vanq, great idea :)

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very cool. I've heard of this idea but never had the guts to try it. I will give it a go one of these days.

So if I understand it, you never took the sticker off, even on the river? And, you never went to showdown?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very cool. I've heard of this idea but never had the guts to try it. I will give it a go one of these days.

So if I understand it, you never took the sticker off, even on the river? And, you never went to showdown?

Never took the sticker off, went to showdown 3 times I believe.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great exercise to get yourself to be aggressive regardless of cards. wouldnt do it often though, obv missing out on money when you fold aa, etc.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm with Ninelions, have heard folks talk about this but haven't tried it myself. Thanks for posting this Van.