To call or not to call

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #17354291380: Tournament #87632252, $1.00+$0.10 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2008/05/11 - 12:30:39 (ET)
Table '87632252 148' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: PLAYUKFLY (6633 in chips)
Seat 2: TheNettimer (9680 in chips)
Seat 3: normanfreak (2215 in chips)
Seat 4: Cunego89 (5790 in chips)
Seat 5: pokers11111 (1020 in chips)
Seat 6: fiestalino (55 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 7: piemanqb (5845 in chips)
Seat 8: Strauchi1 (10700 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: Inscore77 (4290 in chips)
TheNettimer: posts small blind 100
normanfreak: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Inscore77 [Th Tc]
Cunego89: folds
pokers11111: raises 820 to 1020 and is all-in
fiestalino: folds
piemanqb: raises 4825 to 5845 and is all-in
Strauchi1: folds

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold. M is still >10. You may well be ahead here but it's a bit risky.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At best your a coinflip, I suspect pokers11111 has a higher pair than 10's and piemanqb prolly has AK. The all in in mid position with 6 players to act shows huge strength, the reraise IMO is to isolate as there are still 4 players left to act. Even if both players only have 2 overcards your only around a 54% favourite and if one player has AK and the other JQ your odds are even worse. A fold IMO is the wise course of action in your situation, without the reraise I personally would call as you still would have almost 5k in chips so technically not crippled if you lost.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys, I did make the fold, but would have been a huge winner, pokers had 9's and pie had AK, all blanks on the board:( Oh well, I'm still in the tourney and doing well, cant ask for more lol

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold. You'd have to be up against 2 AK to be ahead. Even if you are vs 2 overcards and an underpair you are a slight dog (course you only have to beat the big stack to get paid off). You're a pretty big dog if both have overcards and only one card is shared (say AK and AQ). And obviously you are toast if one of them has an overpair which isn't unrealistic.

I think the only rationaliztion for calling in this circumstance is that you only have to beat the bigger stack to get a payoff since one guy is so short stacked.

S

sin2win

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definatly a folding situation... u dont want to put ure tournement on the line with a coin flip if u have chips to play with. Also u can very well be drawing to a 10 which is a very bad spot to be in... U wouldve won but u made the correct move because most of the time i think u'd lose against a allin and a reraise allin.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definatly a folding situation... u dont want to put ure tournement on the line with a coin flip if u have chips to play with. Also u can very well be drawing to a 10 which is a very bad spot to be in... U wouldve won but u made the correct move because most of the time i think u'd lose against a allin and a reraise allin.
I agree, just like checking if some of the moves I make in situations like this are correct

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
would have been an instant call if you had aboout 4X your stack but good fold wether you would have won or not

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All been said above - I fold this too. Even if neither of the other two have a bigger pair, you'll still likely have to dodge a lot of overcards and draws.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have way too many chips to call with tens, or way too few as KC said (guess I'm used to being on the low end) and wouldn't fret since i believe this is from the tournament you won

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had a similar situation last night. I was in a $2.20 Sat to the $100k, 2/3 through, when UTG put in his stack.

I didn't want to make the call but being isolated in the pot with him, and having him covered 3x, with him apt to make a panic raise before the blinds, I called. Basically, I found reasons to call instead abandoning what was at best a coin flip.

He had Q/Q and then flopped a set.

I ended up in the winner's circle anyway, but I *knew* I should have folded and I didn't. My play ticked me off, which made me play better the rest of the game.

7letters

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's all been said. I don't see any real reason to get involved with the big stack here.

Like feitr said above - if you put small stack on 9-9 and big stack on AK, youre only around 45% to take the pot.

M

Mike47321

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
FOLD...you have pocket tens, with an all-in and a raise to all-in on top of that. It would be kind of stupid to call. An all-in by a short stack, yes, but when someone raises that to all-in, especially if they have you covered, its best to lay it down. pocket tens are best for going all-in, not always calling it(in my opinion)