c/o ace

un-diluted

un-diluted

Visionary
Total posts
I'm c/o. please anything...
good or bad raise pf? no c-bet good or bad? call river or obv. laydown?

pokerstars Game #18012680271: Tournament #90846741, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2008/06/08 - 22:34:19 (ET)
Table '90846741 38' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Rudeboy (6544 in chips)
Seat 2: rockstar68 (9798 in chips)
Seat 3: BSherman2 (4520 in chips)
Seat 4: coldfusion12 (6575 in chips)
Seat 5: Sophiea (5204 in chips)
Seat 6: easymoneya1 (6925 in chips)
Seat 7: un-diluted (4985 in chips)
Seat 8: Teiberian (5350 in chips)
Seat 9: ontherun84 (7299 in chips)
ontherun84: posts small blind 100
Rudeboy: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to un-diluted [Ah 6s]
rockstar68: folds
BSherman2: folds
coldfusion12: folds
Sophiea: folds
easymoneya1: folds
un-diluted: raises 400 to 600
Teiberian: folds
ontherun84: calls 500
Rudeboy: folds
*** FLOP *** [Jd Kh 4d]
ontherun84: checks
un-diluted: checks
*** TURN *** [Jd Kh 4d] [Qc]
ontherun84: checks
un-diluted: checks
*** RIVER *** [Jd Kh 4d Qc] [Td]
ontherun84: bets 6699 and is all-in
un-diluted???

this is an obvious fold, yeah?

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Total posts
Awards
Yeah, can't call to split the pot...gain 600 or lose 4300. I think he has flush often enough here. I don't know about the rest, I prefer raising connectors to acerags. Usually need to to cbet, but easier to do with more outs.

Last edited:
blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Total posts
yeah, it's a fold. he's never bluffing here or shoving worse, so as d'wilius says, you'd just be calling to optimistically split the rather small pot and win 700. even if he has just an A the majority of the time, the overbet shove puts enough flushes in his range that a call is gonna be -EV. if he had only the A he'd likely bet a more reasonable size figuring that you never call his shove with anything worse (a valid worry since it's true) but will obviously call if you have the flush

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Total posts
Awards
A played it is a fold. Why didn't you c-bet the flop? Your raise from the cut-off was basically a blind steal right? I don't think A6o is a stong enough hand to really be raising in this spot for pure value. From the way this hand played out I think there is a great chance you could have taken the pot down with a c-bet on the flop and even the turn possibly.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I don't think its an obvious fold here. After careful consideration, the logic is to fold, but that would depend on previous reads.

Since you gave us no reads on villain, and all we have is that he was healthy stacked and probably defending his blind, and then no one showed any desire to take this pot down, a case could be made to either call or fold.

So, what would villain in the BB call a decent raise with? Certainly a suited Ace. So right there about 25% of the time he will have hit the nut flush here. Any other ace is likely as well, meaning 50% of the time its a splittable pot with him betting first representing the flush and forcing the big decision on you.

Broadway cards would give him 2 pair, and with no prior interest, other than the pf bet and call, he would consider himself solid, and his bet would look good to him.

He is looking like he believes you have a PP or were just plainly stealing with connectors or worse. He will be giving serious weight to you having an Ace, but sees the unique opportunity to represent that flush.

It would be an automatic call with any reasonable bet from villain, but he has put the screws to you here and without some serious soul read, you must fold.

You took a shot at the steal, and then didn't follow through. You must now suffer the consequences and fold.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Total posts
I like the way dj thinks, and I could also consider a call here but in the end not sure if I would want to risk it...

un-diluted

un-diluted

Visionary
Total posts
well, I made the call. I thought he was buying me out with a str8 as well, with his call from the blind preflop. Figured chop but why did I risk all my chips to chop the pot? For that I was a donkey. I am sure the bacardi in my glass had ALOT to do with it, because I'd generally play the entire hand differently, with a pot sized c-bet that would prob. have taken the pot down then and there. IF my late ace rag even made it to the pot...

he had 5d7d. I lose.
tx for all the analysis

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Total posts
Awards
Tend to agree with DJ and Combu: even if villain believes you were stealing, he's got to give you credit for an ace a good chunk of the time, so he's unlikely to be betting anything worse than that.

I'd expect to split the pot against another ace a decent chunk of the time here, but the fact that we're only into this hand for 600 and we're out if we fold means there's probably a laydown to be found here.

As mentioned above though, we really dug our own grave by not c-betting this. Throw out 800-900 on the flop, you'll take the pot a lot of the time, and you can get away if you face a big raise.