Lead the betting, or check

• Total voters
reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A "weak" set is a hand I would rather play against a single opponent, or 2, rather than a pot full of limpers. Just too many random bad beats out there to give away free cards to that big a field. Bet right ou, half pot or so, if it decreases your profit potential, it also increases your peace of mind.

H

heart7club2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people would lead and bet out as the polls show.

Considering so many people have called, would you have called with pair deuces from small blind in the first place?

That's just the value of position isn't it. Since you're called you're like to be dragged into scenarios like this. Somebody might be drawing, hit their higher set, hit a two-pair and be waiitng for the fullhouse, yada yada. Wiht 2-pair on a small blind with so many callers and no reads... maybe best would have been to fold in the first place...

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like this thread, its one of the few where ive actually used my 'poker' brain lately. and, KD, myself, this is what it should be about, this forum, so maybe for the next month or so i immerse myself in poker again.
wish me luck...............

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very, very good luck, KD, and welcome back. :D

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with all of the above, except I would place a min. bet hoping to build the pot and get rid of the dead hands. This in essence would give me a great opportunity to reraise or bet the turn. Keep in mind that when you don't know anything about the other players at the table, they also don't know anything about you.

If I place a min. bet from EP on a rainbow flop you have to assume one of two things about me.

1) I have MPTK or BPTK

or

2) I'm a donk

Either way the flop is not very scary and I don't think I need to take this pot down now. If I get calls around I'm in a great position to check/raise the flop or If I get raised I can re-raise. Maybe I'm wrong here, but, I would take a chance to get some action.