river blank Bet half pot again I do believe and got
smoothed called once again. Cards turned over
This gal had called my preflop BB raise with Q 4os

Same tournament, same gal
About 10-20 min later

Me: KK again preflop raise of $700.
one caller (same gal)

K 10 7 Woohoo I hit my set. I bet 200 (mistake): smooth call
turn 9 I bet 1000 she raises me 1000 I reraised her another 1300 to put me all in.
cards turned over she is hold a J 8 os OMG
River blank
I'm out and none too happy neither :p

yesterday morning
me AA blinds 200 I raise to 1000
one caller
flop comes 3 x x I bet half pot get reraised I reraised to make me all in
Booger has pocket 3s argggggg.
This has been happening now off and on for 2 weeks!!!

I can't win for losing

BTW alot of you know that I am a pretty tight/aggressive player. I guess most of these Donkies don't watch other players for nothing or they just don't give a crap. Also I guess I am trying to be a bit too tricky when it comes to hitting my pocket by slow playing a set I know I made that mistake in that hand above. The last hand was in a league I'm in and the players are supposed to generate decent play and stay away from the major maniacal play.

Any thoughts out there?I would like to hear some.

I feel like I want to go all in from now on with high pocket pairs I'm ticked and don't want to take it anymore! Rather take my chances preflop. That or I need a BIG Change! So you may not see me for awhile at the tables not sure yet.

Last edited:
Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
I've split this post into it's own thread in hand analysis so we can get some feedback for you.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens unfortunately, especially in freerolls. :p

DESSERTLADY said:
Me: KK again preflop raise of $700.
one caller (same gal)

K 10 7 Woohoo I hit my set. I bet 200 (mistake): smooth call
I'm glad you see it was a mistake, but what possessed you at the time to bet so little? You're giving your opponent odds to draw at almost anything, and with it being a freeroll you should know that she could have almost anything. Bet the pot, or push if you're shortstacked, and then she will be making a big mistake as opposed to a small one if she calls.

The other hands are just standard donkeys drawing, nothing you can do.

N

nwtfdan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. You have to push your top hands. Same things have happened to me recently, as well as everyone else, I'm sure. I feel your pain. My initial thought is to go allin with a top hand and take my chances...but with so many draw-ers out there....you decide. Happened to me yesterday. I have AKo, make a 4x pre-flop raise, and get one caller. Flop is A,7,3. I bet and get reraised, and I call. Nothing scary in the turn and river, but I did back off after another re-raise, just to limit possible damage. Player has A3offsuit, and wins the pot. Kills me how many players play A rag like the nuts! Few hands later, I have AK suited, get 2 callers pre flop (including guy from above hand). Flop is A K 8. No soft-stepping here; I go all in. Get an immediate call from "the guy", and this time he has KK! Oh well. I turn chat on, tell him good hand/good game, and leave. You just never know.........

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nick said:
I've split this post into it's own thread in hand analysis so we can get some feedback for you.
Thanks Nick,

LOL I thought I was losing my mind when I thought I had posted this and then a little later it wasn't there :confused: ROFL Now I now what happened to it. :)

Last edited:
X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes your preflop bets were on the low end of standard NL raises and your postflop bets were a tad light but only because of the type of tournament and opponents. Now big pairs need to get as much money in the pot preflop as you can get, ESPECIALLY IN FREEROLLS! Depending on position 6xBB raises with K's and A's are generally appropriate, when in late position you may even need to base your raises on the pot size preflop! Now you were hit by 2 pair on the flop first hand, once the cards are out you were pretty much done for that is the main reason you need to get money in there before the flop you must make weaker hands PAY to beat you! Also the more you can get in there preflop will help cover the losses from suckouts.