* * Total folds this street: 1

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're main goal here is to make the payday, I'm probably folding here. Without any reads on the villain, it's even more difficult.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Your first mistake was simply calling the preflop raise. You are shortstacked here, with (if I figured it correctly), an M of less than 6. If it were me, I would have pushed all-in back at villain. With everyone folding to you, I think that's the only way to play it, imo.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't answer without reads on UTG player. Anyway, I would not flat call preflop. If UTG has been playing relatively tight, then I respect his UTG raise and fold preflop. If he has used his big stack to play loose and steal many pots, I shove preflop.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this tourny we want to play for top 9 places since 10-18 is just double buy in back right???

Therefore, we want to be shoving this everytime preflop, unless villain is a 9/8/inf or something along those lines.

Also in it being a turbo, we should be willing to get it all in here regardless of villains stats actually

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[x] shove
[ ] fold.

You were so invested with your PF call, that to fold was wrong.

At the point you called PF, you should have been seeking any way possible to get all your chips in here. You ended up with an open ended straight draw, granted not as sweet as flopping quads, but good enuf to call all-in.

I'm of the opinion that you should have shoved PF, not waited to see what develops.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you plan on calling the PF raise, then you have to shove the flop no matter what cards come. With an OESD i would have shoved this flop, but if you wanted to play this hand you should have shoved preflop.

If you want to make the money then fold until the bubble is over, but in the stars 180 man you really need top 10 to get any sort of payout so AQ is as good as you'll get to shove unless UTG is a nit.

THe Slob

THe Slob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pretty much agree with the others. You called off too much of you stack preflop to then fold on the flop, especially with an OESD. You should have pushed preflop or on the flop. I'd hate to go out this close to the money, but you're leaving yourself crippled and you've got to post the SB next hand.

Starling Money

Starling Money

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is definately a push or fold situation, blinds are up, you dont have many left, you can't afford to be buying cards at this point.

Starling