anyone actully not like how I played this

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still dont see the added edge you gain by just calling here, since the opponent would probably call a preflop allin with his reraise.

With his preflop reraise we can probably put him on AA-QQ-JJ-AK.

AA will be hard to fold against postflop anyway, QQ and JJ would get scared of an ace on flop, so either they c-bet it and we fold a hand were ahead in or they get scared and we dont stack them.

AK is probably the only hand we can get away against thatd justify such a play, but were big favourites against it and its only a small part of his range.

I think we shouldve gotten more in preflop.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Repop/shove preflop. A minimum reraise at these stakes almost always means a big pair, and you're ahead of that range. You're also giving him a chance to outdraw you with Ax/smaller pair.

No need to get fancy.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is all this about re-rere--re--re raise PF. where does it all end? Earlier I was going through a post about the merits of limping w/AA. And that poster LOST the hand but most agreed he got what he wanted... his money in good.

My point is there is no "ONE WAY" to play Aces or any other hand. Today I got AI preflop at a critical time with Kings and nearly lost to AK soooted when an ace flopped. In that case I was glad it was going to a showdown because I rivered a King. In my case I would have had too much $$$ in to fold if I called and saw a flop with an ace anyway.

As for Storm, I like it. It's not a bad idea to back off a little when the fish thinks he has YOU hooked. If his opponent had Aces or hit a set I guess Storm wudda been lunch. As it turned out he had a smaller pair (QQ is a small pair according to the old guys;) ) and da ladies were toast. :cool:

As for "if I read him for Aces I would have... " comments :WHAT CRAP!
You can put someone on a range of hands after rererererereraising. Which re is Aces? If the Queens rereaised one more time do they become Aces?
I don't think so. One more raise PF from the Kings MAY have slowed down the Queens on the flop.

Goldog

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is all this about re-rere--re--re raise PF. where does it all end? Earlier I was going through a post about the merits of limping w/AA. And that poster LOST the hand but most agreed he got what he wanted... his money in good.

Lets say you have AA and know your opponent would go allin preflop.

Would you get tricky cold calling preflop, and trying to stack him postflop while you think hed put his money in preflop while your a 80% favourite?

I think cold calling AA and KK definitely has its times, but thats when its not reasonable to assume your gonna get him 2 put much more in preflop.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's obviously not his HH. It's a PS HH from yesterday and Storm is self banned from there for like six more weeks. :eek:

Besides, you'd never find him in a $2.20 game. :)
Nope. How about this theory?:

He is playing on his wife's account because he couldn't go 2 months without pokerstars. His wife's Stars account doesn't have much money, so he plays $2 games on it.

Sound about right?