Another QQ thread, sick hand

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
£100 freezeout. 45ish players left of 90ish. Top 9 get paid.

Blinds: 300/600

Stacks:

UTG: ~10,000
UTG+1: ~15,000
MP: 7,900
Hero: 3,600

Dealt to hero: QQ

UTG raises to 1800
UTG+1 reraises to 4000
Couple of folds
MP reraises all in
Hero ??

The 3 villians here have been playing pretty tight.

You'd have to think I'm behind here but can I fold a chance to quadruple up?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-1 on my money with QQ and a shortstack im insta calling and counting my blessings.
If u fold your still with 6bb and what can u wait for? You might manage another orbit but do u really think the aces or kings are coming in the next round or whould u prefer to push with ace rag UTG few hands later.
If u call UTG is most likly folding,and then your against UTG+1 who could have 1010+JJ+AQ+AK and MP who probly haves a great hand but you still have to push even if your probly behind.
But who knows u might be up against AK-JJ and in ok shape.

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
short stacked with QQ.... insta shove imo

C

CfPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But is it an instashove? Let's say UTG folds but the other 2 players call. If I'm confident that one of them has AA or KK then even though i'm almost getting 4x my money my odds of getting it are less making it a fold.

Looking back though I think I should of called despite the odds not being there, as a win here would put me in a much healthier chip position. I'd have been one of the chip leaders at the table.

So, results, and as I said... this was a sick hand.

Hero folds.
UTG raises all in
UTG+1 calls

UTG shows KK
UTG+1 shows AA
MP shows AK

Hero: "phew, nice fold".

Board: Qxxxx

Hero: "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

As it happens I got my money in in a better spot. AQ on the BB against the SBs KQ, where he hit a K :(

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if you could put all 3 villains on KK+ or AK, then you are actually 30% favorite against this range, mostly because AK hands have very little outs in this scenario.

It's obviously a compulsory call if you have 30% chance to quadruple.

Against three times JJ+ or AK, you are actually doing a little worse with 26.5% equity, but it's still a marginal call.

Only if you restrict one of the three all ins to KK+ do you not get the proper odds to call this.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands