P

Pokermango

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PK
Chips
the villain Renebond88 was sittin out. is it more profitable to shove against 4 players and increase my stack by 1/4 or would it be more important to secure the ITM?

is the final table of sng 45p $0.25

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/22504BKkk

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would do the same as you, shove with less then 15BB in the stake.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If he was going out in a few hands then it would be a mistake to be knocked out 1st but there was going to be 3 or 4 orbits before he was out. If you just fold it will stop you from winning the tournament and that's what you want to do. A min cash is nice but its a min cash.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you choose to shove or fold with A10 offsuit, then fold is better. Although, as for me, no one bothered you to call the bet from your opponent.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sit-out player has 7BB left, and this is to much to significantly impact your strategy. You cant give up half your stack just to outlast him and secure a min-cash. As for the hand itself ATo is a marginal jam here, when someone have already limped. It depends on, what reads you have on the limper? Is he someone, who is doing a lot of limp-trapping? Does he limp his entire range? Or is he basically always limp-folding, because he raise all his good hands and only limp junk?

I plugged your hand into ICMizer but decided to ignore the limper, because the range, ICMizer will assign for a limper, is typically way off and skew the whole math completely. Without a limper A8o or better is a profitable jam for Hero, so if the limper was in fact mostly "dead money", this looks ok to me, but folding would not have been crazy either. The fact, someone behind woke up with AQ, does not make it a bad jam, since this is baked into the math already.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
just unlucky you made a good play trying to get a fold with the limper, profitable long term

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the villain Renebond88 was sittin out. is it more profitable to shove against 4 players and increase my stack by 1/4 or would it be more important to secure the ITM?

is the final table of sng 45p $0.25

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/22504BKkk

I think this is an interesting question because it involves a couple of different things, like GTO push-fold strategies, exploitative play and ICM implications.

The way I would analyze this spot is first, my position and the position of the guy sitting out. I would also look at my stack size and the stacks of the players not sitting out. If you are first to act, then you have to evaluate how tight or loose your opponents are going to be and how they are going to react to your shove. If there is a loose big stack behind you, then I would only be shoving with a more linear range because he is likely to call fairly wide. But if all the stacks are fairly even, then I would be shoving with a more polarized range and trying to chip up.

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like that hand replay App. My bigger question is who is Renebond88? Have you played them. before? I try to keep notes on players I've played in the past but I find the utility betonline has is limited. You can change colors to make them stand out as well which I find helps.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fine line if the limper is fishy otherwise fold.
If it was folded to you jamming is perfectly good.

Folding in Poker