AK vs LAG repop early in $16 turbo

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain limped his first two hands, raised the third, and has taken down each pot postflop with aggression. We're only 4 hands in, and I've folded every hand so far.

What does this little re-reraise represent? Does he have us crushed or can we get our money in here?

pokerstars GAME #10203990997: TOURNAMENT #51714978, $15+$1 HOLD'EM NO LIMIT - LEVEL I (10/20) - 2007/05/31 - 18:37:35 (ET)
Table '51714978 1' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: owenandy (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: dthimesch (1490 in chips)
Seat 3: SweetNad (1420 in chips)
Seat 4: EZ_Money0122 (1470 in chips)
Seat 5: BuffaloBiehl (1480 in chips)
Seat 6: wolfies30 (1500 in chips)
Seat 7: lghtforce (1740 in chips)
Seat 8: spartman77 (1400 in chips)
Seat 9: ChuckTs (1500 in chips)
BuffaloBiehl: posts small blind 10
wolfies30: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ChuckTs [Ac] [Kd]
lghtforce: raises 40 to 60
spartman77: folds
ChuckTs: raises 140 to 200
owenandy: folds
dthimesch: folds
SweetNad: folds
EZ_Money0122: folds
BuffaloBiehl: folds
wolfies30: folds
lghtforce: raises 200 to 400
ChuckTs: ...

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very likely we're ahead at this point. if it looks like he's starting off crazy aggro to hope to double or bust, i think i can give him that opportunity to do that here. normally i dont think i do so early, but there are a few chances that we're either c/f or dominating him. i doubt kk/aa is something we worry about here much.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i doubt kk/aa is something we worry about here much.

Why? I don't know, his reraise after the UTG raise is raised looks so damn strong. It's not a typical LAG-bully-go-away reraise. It's a please god call me even though I'm out of position minreraise. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is AA or KK, but then I wouldn't be surprised if it was something we beat either.

Given we've invested 200, he's going to probably be betting hard whether he hits or not, he's only min-reraised, and we're in position, I think I like a call here better than shove. A shove should get out everything we beat (okay, maybe he'd call with AQ if he's a completely hopeless donk, but it would be an awful call), leaving us flipping often and dominated a good portion, and we negate his positional disadvantage for him.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a please god call me even though I'm out of position minreraise.

fwiw, this isnt' a real minraise. An actual minreraise would have been to 340 (reraise 140). This shows that he intentionally tried to make his bet look really inviting.
(okay, maybe he'd call with AQ if he's a completely hopeless donk, but it would be an awful call)

There are PLENTY of those at this level ;)

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like he wants to see if his Jacks are good... shove.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After 4 hands, all we know about him is that he's neither LP or TP. This doesn't mean he's a LAG. You can't just toss out AK though. I think I just call here and see what happens on the flop.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do agree this feels like something strong, it doesn't look like a LAG daring you, it looks more like a value reraise with AA, KK, QQ or JJ. And those last 2 are more likely since you have AK. There is the outside chance its something you're dominating, but its not very likely.

If you shove you're likely coinflipping, but you have a small chance he folds. I don't like the call because you say he plays flop aggressively, but your odds to call this are great (3 to 1 with AK) and you're 2 to 1 to hit the flop. Of course if you hit a K you can't be sure you're ahead, but its a risk you'll need to take if you call because he's aggressive on flops and you already know that, and if the K hits you'll have to go all the way otherwise it makes no sense and you should just fold this now.

alexanderwoo1

alexanderwoo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is either going to a shove all-in or a fold I can't see you just calling this. Either he has a big pair or has only AQ something like that a weaker ace.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was four-tabling, didn't have too much time do think, eventually decided that AK was plenty for these types of players and their ranges, and I pushed.

He called, showed AJo, and I doubled up.