AK vs heavy preflop action

P

phatjose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live tourney from this past Thursday. Down to the final 6 people. Villain 1 is a very loose player who I have seen make this move with as little as 77 and 88. He's also basically doubled up in the last 15 minutes or so through blind steals. Villain 2 is a loose player as well who considers any Ace a hand worth raising from UTG. Also, my image in this tourney was that I was being very loose as well, as I had recently shown down a couple of huge bluffs (I took about 2/3rds of someones stack on a stone cold bluff and then showed him).

Blind level was 100/200 at this point.

UTG (1100): Folds
UTG+1 (800): Folds
Villain 1 (2200): Raises to 600
Hero (8000): Reraises to 1800 Hole cards: AcKs
SB (1600): Folds
Villain 2 BB (4400): Reraises all in
Villain 1: Calls
Hero: ?

What's my move here and why?

Last edited:
Falloooooon

Falloooooon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Judging by your image and the fact that if you lose the hand you'll still be 2nd in chips, call it. You've got a chance to be absolutely in command, and the worst case scenario isn't all that bad. And you're at least showing a strong hand to repair your image some.

Showing your bluffs is such a bad idea.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you fold, and the short stack wins, you will still essentially triple him up because of your preflop raise. So right now, you're playing for Villan 2's money. If you think that hands like AQ or less are in his range, then you call this pretty quickly.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well if you have those reads on them and they are correct, you may aswell call since you only need to beat number 2 to break even. If you had a smaller stack it may be different but here you call.

SteelCtyVitt

SteelCtyVitt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well in your situation... I would call only b/c you over commited yourself with your raise....

normally I would probably just call his raise preflop tho for the record... if he is as loose as you say and your image is too... when you hit your ace or king... top pair top kicker on flop you can be sure you'll have a ton of his chips.... or you can get away from the hand for a cheap bet if you miss.... now you might be racing... or 60/40... or actually ok vs. a/x

B

blade1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
why

Live tourney from this past Thursday. Down to the final 6 people. Villain 1 is a very loose player who I have seen make this move with as little as 77 and 88. He's also basically doubled up in the last 15 minutes or so through blind steals. Villain 2 is a loose player as well who considers any Ace a hand worth raising from UTG. Also, my image in this tourney was that I was being very loose as well, as I had recently shown down a couple of huge bluffs (I took about 2/3rds of someones stack on a stone cold bluff and then showed him).

Blind level was 100/200 at this point.

UTG (1100): Folds
UTG+1 (800): Folds
Villain 1 (2200): Raises to 600
Hero (8000): Reraises to 1800 Hole cards: AcKs
SB (1600): Folds
Villain 2 BB (4400): Reraises all in
Villain 1: Calls
Hero: ?

What's my move here and why?

why would you reraise to 1800 you have nothing but two high cards....and you raised to high anyway. when you should have only called and folded when villian 2 went all in.

I would make the call.........and hopefully take down some chips

B

blade1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
why would you reraise to 1800 you have nothing but two high cards....and you raised to high anyway. when you should have only called and folded when villian 2 went all in.

I would make the call.........and hopefully take down some chips