Isaac13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds 60/120
My chipstack 2100
Average chip stack about 3300

I was at a very tight table and it was the first hand after the break. I was dealt a Ace of spades and Kings of spades. What should i do at this point?

I raised to 300 chips, the largest stack at the table who had about 9500 and was in middle position re-raised to 480, and everyone else folded. Now what should I do?

I pushed all-in because i thaught he would fold if he didnt have a high pocket pair, or AQ. He called and flipped over A10 of hearts, i was very happy with my play. Unfortunatly he got flush on the turn card and i was drawing dead going to the river, and was knocked out of the money by a couple of hundred spots.

Could i have avoided this? was I too risky by putting all chips in pre-flop?

C

Calissa007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have just called it, seen the flop then go from there. Wasnt but a little more to just call. He was agressive after you already showed agression.
Too big of a risk to try to push him off of just a few chips. You can always win those back.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have just called it, seen the flop then go from there. Wasnt but a little more to just call. He was agressive after you already showed agression.
Too big of a risk to try to push him off of just a few chips. You can always win those back.
I agree. A push isn't a horrible play though, but his call was.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya probably call, but you had him completely dominated so you can't really ask for anything more than that (other than the suckout part).

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this hand could have been played completely different had you just called the preflop re reraise. however knowing the outcome of the hand kinda makes our analysis bias.

your push wasn't that bad, but i would have just called as you can get away from the hand post flop or even on the turn as you said it was a flushy board.

too many people put too much value on AK, it is a monster pre flop but all hell can break loose post flop.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya the flop is extra key for AK...after all it is a slight dog to an underpair and only like 65:35 to undercards, so it isn't exactly the best thing to go all in with without hitting TPTK on the flop. Its main advantage when AI preflop is vs donks who think that their AQ/AJ is good.