AK sooooted, early position

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Total posts
Awards
Be interested to hear what others would've done here.

It's only early in the game but so far pretty much everybody has been playing loose. This is the first hand I've played... which for this table might give me a tight image, but I doubt anyone was actually paying that much attention attention :rolleyes:

Nick3h called an all-in bet on the flop first hand holding 22 with an overpair on the board and spiked a 2 on the river to win - he's split the rest of the time LAGing it up and arguing with dmac about whether he's a donk for calling with 22 or not. No specific reads on pwaddezz at this stage.

full tilt poker Game #3467274652: $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo) (26498475), Table 1 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 5:02:44 ET - 2007/09/05
Seat 1: Chipperdy (1,395)
Seat 2: pwaddezz (1,410)
Seat 3: dmac012 (1,860)
Seat 4: NZ Diamond (1,290)
Seat 5: dgabel (1,470)
Seat 7: ezrider69 (720)
Seat 8: OzExorcist (1,500)
Seat 9: Nick3h (3,855)
NZ Diamond posts the small blind of 20
dgabel posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OzExorcist [Kh Ah]
ezrider69 folds
OzExorcist raises to 150
Nick3h calls 150
Chipperdy folds
pwaddezz calls 150
dmac012 calls 150
NZ Diamond folds
dgabel folds
*** FLOP *** [6c Js 6h]
OzExorcist has 15 seconds left to act
OzExorcist bets 250
Nick3h calls 250
pwaddezz raises to 1,260, and is all in
dmac012 folds
Nick3h: ?

W

Wlokos

Total posts
I'd have folded.

Not only is it risky to call his all in because he might have something like 2 2 and still have you beat, but what if you call it and then nick3h calls behind you with a six or a jack?

I think I'd have to wait for a better situation to get my money in.

oluaris

oluaris

Rock Star
Total posts
Fold

At that moment, the only thing you could beat is a bluff (and there's another player behind you), unless you catch something on Turn or River, but if someone had a 6, you've got to catch runner runner...

I'd wait for a better opportunity

C

chrisg750

Enthusiast
Total posts
Easy fold.... In fact, sometimes early on in tournaments, especially sit n go's i Like to push all in with a hand like A,K because there are so many donks that will call you with anything. I only do this when I see the table being extremely loose. I will even push with A,A and K,K because they will call many times when the table plays this loose. It's an easy double up most of the time. Other than that, hands like A,Q, K,Q, i like raising 4 or 5 times the Big blind when the table is extremely loose. If they are way too loose pre-flop, then just limp and outplay those donks post-flop. Sometimes you have to play a little looser with a wider range of hands when it comes to loose players. Adjusting to their style, don't change yours.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Total posts
Fold.

Ordinarily a decent flop for a c-bet, but not when there are 3 other people in the hand and you're OOP. I'm not sure I would have bothered trying to c-bet at this playing level with this many people in the hand. Stay out of trouble, conserve your chips, beat them with plays that will work, not by calling a push on a missed flop.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Fold. And dont c-bet into that many opponents.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Total posts
Pretty easy fold. The guy who raised allin , you have nothing that tells you he does this with anything you beat, so pretty easy muck for me.

There arent even any draws that you can put him on.

You have to assume he has a J or better here.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Total posts
Fold, and with 3 people in the hand plus you being OOP, don't c-bet.

The plus side of how you played it (if you folded), is that when you hit a monster and put out a c-bet size bet you're much more likely to double up.

J

joeeagles

Total posts
Yup easy fold, and as tenbob said c-betting in a 4-way pot is almost never a good idea.

You raised PF from UTG +1 and got 3 callers, which unfortunately happens often in low stakes. It's almost a garantee it'll happen when the player to your immediate left calls the raise. Now that your AK missed the flop you must consider yourself done with this hand. C-betting into this is almost always a bad idea, however if you want to try it with the pot being 660 I can understand it. I don't like it but I can live with it.

After getting shoved though and with another player also in the pot, it's now an easy fold.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Total posts
Absolutely standard fold here. As is a check on that flop. Sorry, just read the other posts and realized how many times it's been said...

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Total posts
Fold. And dont c-bet into that many opponents.

Bingo. Remember that a c-bet is essentially a bluff, and bluffs do not work against that many opponents. Someone probably either a) got a piece of the flop or b) had a PP and feels it is still good. All you're doing with a c-bet here is building a bigger pot for someone else.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Total posts
Awards
Cheers guys, appreciate the advice.

I did fold, Nick3h called with high cards and pwaddezz ended up having a jack and taking down the hand (at work right now, the rest of the HH is saved at home).

I'll definitely keep the advice about c-betting multiple opponents in mind, it hadn't really crossed my mind that might be a mistake - I did it with a veiw to better defining my hand... which I guess worked, after a fashion, but then there was no way I was calling a shove there anyway so it was probably unnecessary.