AK can I do anything but check fold here?

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks:
* SB with 1540
* BB with 1450
* UTG with 1745
* MP with 1830
* CO with 1805
* BTN with 5130

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to SB:K♣ A♥
* * Sklansky group 2
Preflop:
* * 3 players fold.
* * BTN calls [80]
* * Hero raises to 320
* * 1 players fold.
* * BTN calls [240]
* * Total folds this street: 4
* * Potsize: 720
Flop:
* * 7♠ 9♣ 8♦
* * Hero checks
* * BTN bets [500]
* * 1 players fold.
Uncalled bet of 500 returned to BTN BTN wins the pot (720)
* * Total folds this street: 1

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Villian has been very aggressive so far and has made some awful plays but gotten really luck, notice how big his stack is compared to everyone else. This isn't a good spot for a continuation bet is it?

S

sin2win

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with that much of a chip lead he might call with somthing on the board and hit... now if u do a continuation bet, he might think u have a over pair and fold but u have to c if he's capable of making (from the looks of ure bet) a bad call. if he's a very loose player who callls a lot it might not be a good idea, again, u have to make that decision based oh how he has been playing.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You either have to c-bet and take a shot at it or fold and live to fight again. Whether to take the stab at it, would for me depend on how he was playing. He has the chips to bluff and/or draw, so he may very well try. Are you ready to c-bet again later? Because that may be where he finally lets it go. That is a tough spot imo, but since he was playing bad and getting lucky, I probably go along with the (very aggressive) c-bet.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By playing bad, do you mean 'loose'? If so that flop doesn't look pretty and he seems very aggressive so I would wait for a better spot to trap him. This just doesn't look like a nice situation.

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well he said he made "awful plays" and got lucky. So that is why I said what I did. It really is a judgement call and hard to say without seeing the guy play.

Folding in Poker