royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Midnight Madness on Full Tilt
Sitting on a doubled up stack.
Pre flop pusher had lost to a bad beat 2 hands earlier. The hand prior to this one he had pushed all in and it was all folded.
The all in on the flop by the other opponent was surprising, and having no reads on him, I did not know what to do.
I have 3 questions:
1) Do you agree with the pre flop call?
2) Do you call the all in on the flop?
3) Should I lead out at that flop?
full tilt poker Game #4407817730: Midnight Madness! (32856077), Table 65 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:30:25 ET - 2007/12/06
Seat 1: oxtom (2,425)
Seat 2: manofthesea (5,480)
Seat 3: 4u2call (3,581)
Seat 4: dkdunn85 (3,105)
Seat 5: jyl2010 (1,520)
Seat 6: rgc062 (690)
Seat 7: marydouwanna (1,585)
Seat 8: Merlot14 (4,830)
Seat 9: royalburrito24 (3,060)
Merlot14 posts the small blind of 25
royalburrito24 posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to royalburrito24 [Jd Ac]
oxtom calls 50
manofthesea folds
4u2call folds
dkdunn85 calls 50
jyl2010 folds
rgc062 raises to 690, and is all in
marydouwanna has 15 seconds left to act
marydouwanna is sitting out
marydouwanna has timed out
marydouwanna folds
Merlot14 folds
marydouwanna has returned
royalburrito24 has 15 seconds left to act
royalburrito24 calls 640
oxtom calls 640
dkdunn85 folds
*** FLOP *** [Qd 5d 4d]
royalburrito24 checks
oxtom has 15 seconds left to act
oxtom has been disconnected
oxtom has 90 seconds to reconnect
oxtom bets 1,735, and is all in
royalburrito24.....?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just fold PF. We're never really in great shape against the pusher and also have a potential second caller yet to act who could either be limp-trapping or be planning on calling and seeing a flop with you (which means more potential action for your marginal AJ).

As played I'm just folding. Mess of a hand that you don't need to be in and you're only drawing to the 3rd nut flush. Easy fold for me.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just fold PF. We're never really in great shape against the pusher and also have a potential second caller yet to act who could either be limp-trapping or be planning on calling and seeing a flop with you (which means more potential action for your marginal AJ).

As played I'm just folding. Mess of a hand that you don't need to be in and you're only drawing to the 3rd nut flush. Easy fold for me.

This is a feeble attempt to justify my call pre flop.

Obviously villain 1 is on tilt, and if villain 2 had AK or AQ or a big pair, then he would have raised it up. I felt that my AJ was best and I could possibly check it down since the side pot would be dry.

Once again. Feeble.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not saying it's terrible; it's very tempting to call a tilter (esp a short stacked one) with AJ and similar hands, but again you're rarely ever a real significant favourite. You're also sitting on a comfortable stack here and don't have the dire need to acquire more chips.

Patience is key. Don't just brush that off as some saying - it really is key in MTTs. Just ask someone like Rex who plays surprisingly conservative in tourneys and absolutely crushes them. The best players don't risk this many chips unless they need to, and here you can safely fold and wait for a better spot.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not saying it's terrible; it's very tempting to call a tilter (esp a short stacked one) with AJ and similar hands, but again you're rarely ever a real significant favourite. You're also sitting on a comfortable stack here and don't have the dire need to acquire more chips.

Patience is key. Don't just brush that off as some saying - it really is key in MTTs. Just ask someone like Rex who plays surprisingly conservative in tourneys and absolutely crushes them. The best players don't risk this many chips unless they need to, and here you can safely fold and wait for a better spot.

sir, yes sir!

ended up folding the flop all in, he turned over 1010 with the 10 of diamonds, short stack pusher turned 22 with 2 of diamonds.

A of diaomonds on river :(

thanks chuck