* 9ftNinja with 8500
* BTN with 2490

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to SB:A♥ J♣
* * Sklansky group 4
Preflop: BTN raises to 2,490, and is all in Hero ?

U

umofo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the blinds, if they are large, I would shove too :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any reads?

How long ago did the bubble break (assuming it has)?

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With blinds at 200/400 (and im assumming antes) Im getting this all in every time. You've got less than 6 BB, you cant really be waiting for a better opportunity. Villain could be shoving ATC at this point of the tournament.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Off the top of my head this is a clear shove unless villain has been an absolute nit.

SnGWiz says it becomes profitable to get it in when he shoves %15 or higher.

Include reads next time please.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubble just broke no reads he seemed like a normal tight player, I pushed and sure enough he had AK suited and won.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard.

fyi %15 equates (roughly) to {77+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo}, so if you think he's pushing as wide or wider than that, getting your money in is profitable.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call, he could be shoving with pretty much anything just trying to steal the blinds.

ajws

ajws

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call for me too - as mentioned you don't have enough blinds to go on and miss this hand. + no reads can help you there - you just cannot fold!

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call this shove this all day too.

With no reads, I think his range is much wider than's what Chuck wrote. I owuld include any pairs and any ace-x, and many other hands.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble just broke no reads he seemed like a normal tight player, I pushed and sure enough he had AK suited and won.

You've played down to the final three and got no reads on the guy?

How about a read on the big blind? Is he likely to call this with a wide range of hands?

The reason I'm interested in when the bubble broke is that some players lose their minds as soon as it happens: they think "Woo, I'm getting paid, now what I do doesn't matter!" and start shoving all sorts of garbage.

That would make me more inclined to call, but for me it's really all about reads. If the button isn't the kind of player to lose their mind as soon as they get paid, or if the bubble broke a while back and they've been well behaved since then, I sometimes get out of the way here. Especially if the big blind is the kind of player who'll make a loose call with the big stack.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands