AA late

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the low money with about 100 players left. In middle position with AA. Blinds at 1000/2000 and sitting with about 45000. All folded to me I bet 4000. Villian raises to about 14000. What is my play here? Call, raise, all in or fold? ( villian has me covered)

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just call to let him see flop then hopefully check raise. unless you think he will call the allin right then

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would shove. I think there is a good fold actions by the villain and you are ahead. With 100 players left and a good chance like this, you should go all in. No reason to wait for a better spot than this one.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On bubble period should fold, otherwise all-in.

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion there is no better starting hand than AA in the deck and it always worth to see the flop, it's better to make a big flop with AA and win good amount of chips, but aware of flush or straight possibility!

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id rather it early than late, but its a great hand. Ive played it late and won, lost and also folded it to try and get in the $. I seen a very good player from here get beat out with their aces earlier today, to trip 5s I think it was....

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go all in. You always need to play in first place.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the low money with about 100 players left. In middle position with AA. Blinds at 1000/2000 and sitting with about 45000. All folded to me I bet 4000. Villian raises to about 14000. What is my play here? Call, raise, all in or fold? ( villian has me covered)

Probably just go all-in. The villian has announced that he/she is willing to do it. So, just get the money in now. You can also call and then try to get the money in on the flop. Either way, get the money in for sure.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The object with AA is to get as many chips in as possible before the flop. Because of this, I would min raise. Yes, this makes you pot committed and your flop move is to go all in, but Villain is more likely to call (or to raise) another 14,000 bet than to call for 31,000.

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
result

Thanks for answers. I did shove, was called, and he sucked out with runner, runner hearts for a flush. That sht has been happening to me a lot lately.

A

Aivaronis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
Shove, we are going to the final table and maybe first place.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is villain's stack size?

A

axel142

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in all, you shouldn't be scared having the best starting hand.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in

Hi, I think the best thing you can do is put all the chips and wait, you can never withdraw with AA, less in that spot, you would have to put all the chips in the middle, because if you raise to 28000 you are very short and comited, the answer is all in friend

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ITM is more important than win a hand.
I agree and disagree, depending on the hand. If it's a hand like 55, sure, let it go. Especially if you aren't getting set mine odds, winning that hand isn't important.

With the exception of a satellite, folding AA on the bubble is not a profitable option in the long term. Yes, you're looking to cash but you're also look to run as deep as you can, hopefully making FT and taking it down but are you setting yourself up for that if you're folding AA in this spot.

Let's look at it another way, lets say you have AA with 35 BBs on the bubble. You can fold and are guaranteed to make the money 100% of the time or you can risk your stack on the bubble and lose ~20% of the time. So, what do you do?

-If you fold, congrats. You made the money and still have 35 BBs.
-If you call, you're losing 20% of the time but the other 80%, you're still making the money and now have 70+ BBs.

Which stack size is more likely going to propel you further in a tournament? I'd rather have 70 BBs 80% of the time instead of 35 BBs 100% of the time.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it correctly IMO. You had 22.5 BB and V 3 bets to 7 BB. Makes no sense to just call off 1/3 of your stack to try and get more value. Jam pre is correct. You got it in great and he sucked out. Nothing you can do about that. Nice hand.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm going to agree here. There are times when ITM is important for someone with a small bankroll, especially if you've committed a few hours to reach this stage, If you're a high roller you are probably playing in a few games and can just dive into another one. Better to go out near the start than risk busting out on the bubble after hours of play.

Sure a better opportunity may not present, but the number of times I've bubbled with AA clouds my judgement.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't over-commit, play it as it comes..

pocket AA with 44K chips, 14K raise, the emotional, aggressive play is an auto-shove.
A more analytical play is to check, see the flop. If you like what you see, can always raise.
Better to lose the $14K bet, than the whole stack, if a str8, flush, draws, or pair are in the flop.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise, your opponent with a bigger stack usually uses the bubble period

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go allin every single time i get in the spot like this. Don't like calling in this spot, coz few times i was outplayed by better players postflop in similar situations.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depend what you want from your opp.If you think he want to bluff you then call,if you think he will call then all in.This is your desicion.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thank you for your post. I would fully commit preflop. You know you have the best hand at that moment and therefore I'm all in. Alot of players look at anything less than 10bb+ preflop as weakness when you are at these blind levels. He could also be bullying you because he has you covered so put pressure on him immediately. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is an easy jam. You can pick up the 18k without a showdown if he folds and that is a significant addition to stack or look to double up with best hand. Either way I don't see another line other than jamming that is profitable. I can't advocate for a fold on the bubble unless it is a satellite tourney and you are well in line to pick up a ticket.