AA interesting turn decision.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No info or reads on villian.

Stacks: - UTG+1 with $5.30 - MP1 with $5.66 - MP2 with $4.13 - CO with $4.95 - BTN with $1.83 - SB with $3.19 - BB with $2.98 - UTG with $5.25

index.pl

index.pl

Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
Site: pokerstars
* - Dealt to MP1:
as.gif
ac.gif

* - Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* - UTG calls [$0.02]
* - UTG+1 calls [$0.02]
* - Hero raises $0.08 to $0.10
* - MP2 calls [$0.10]
* - 6 players folded.
* - Total folds this street: 6
* - Potsize: $0.27
Flop:
* -
8c.gif
5c.gif
qs.gif

* - Hero bets [$0.20]
**- 6 players fold.
* - MP2 calls [$0.20]
* - Potsize: $0.67
Playing it like a flush draw?
Turn:
* -
3s.gif

* - Hero bets [$0.66]
* - MP2 raises $0.66 to $1.32 AQ? What do you do here?

Whats your play on the turn?
What range are you putting him on?

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main hands that scare you right now are 2 pairs & sets. Q8 is the only likely two pair hand, as anything else is tough to play through a 5xbb raise.

This to me looks like he picked up a flush draw in addition to something else (be it a pair of 8's, or a straight draw). I think Q8 would have raised on the flop. Same with a set. Sure, he might've been playing pocket 3's, but at this stake level I wouldn't worry about it. I think the times a newbie will play a flush draw like its awesome will far outweight the times when 3's hit a set on the turn.

I shove the turn. If they're playing a draw, and on this board its highly probable, they'll probably call, and you'll get now value out of them that you couldn't get if they miss on the river. If they're playing AQ, KQ, they'll also come along for the ride and pay you off.

Last edited:
G

GivPeace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time to Push, I agree with c9 on the trips and 2 pair but the betting structure is off for him to represent this hand. I almost want put are villain on QcJc, but that not a hand really to worry about, good thing is though if you do push he should call.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea well i shoved and he called showin Q3 both red :(

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to remember, that this is the 1/2cent tables where players will hold any connected and suited cards.
when holding mosters like QQ,KK,AA you have to(IMO) come in with a 8-10xBB raise

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, playing donks like that is always something to consider. You raise 5xBB's so that you can narrow the range of hands that you're up against (among other thigns), so that way when a 3 comes out on the turn, you don't have to worry about Q3. If he's still playing Q3 through a 5x raise, then its obviously not accomplishing its goal, and you should raise more.

SteelCtyVitt

SteelCtyVitt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 pair or a set is about the only thing we are worried about.... im pretty sure that he is overplaying top pair top kicker or has a decent sized draw... with a push you more than likely get all your money in with the best of it... or maybe even force out a weak hand