AA in big blind....

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IDK, can't remember where I was at in the hand. Plus, it this thread doesn't look that familiar.

But anyway, starting at the beginning...

We're on the BB and someone has bet 4xBB, putting the pot at 3875. Myself, I would reraise him 3x his bet, making the pot 9,875 and leaving him 6k to call.

He's already thinking he's got a winner (because of his 4x bet) so we're probably not going to lose him here and it's going to be a lot easier to get the rest of the money into the pot, which would be ~16K. And we've left around 9K behind for the cbet that we're going to be handing him on any flop and that is all it's going to look like.

If we do lose him with our 3bet, then he was probably stealing and we're not going to make much more off of him anyway.

S

superting23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I would call/check pretending I dont have nothing. But if their is a lot of callers, I would raise big, or go all in, to see if people are really calling with good hands.

B

bobphilallo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would re-raise to 6000 so I don't scare him by going all-in but if he raised first that means he has a good hand because you never raise when your the first player to play unless you have a good hand.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would re-raise to 6000 so I don't scare him by going all-in but if he raised first that means he has a good hand because you never raise when your the first player to play unless you have a good hand.

You might want to read up a little on bluffing.;)

D

danmac8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
tough call

I probably would push it. In a lot of situations I would just smooth call but if he was playin tight there a good chance you would get a call and be in a dominant position.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ooo I missed this thread.

Half the time I shove, half the time 6-7000 bet.

Depends a lot on your image and his.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ooo I missed this thread.

Half the time I shove, half the time 6-7000 bet.

Depends a lot on your image and his.

We have kept it alive for weeks waiting for your appearance. :p

Oh and you know my image lol.

Boeggs

Boeggs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the best starting hand in holdem I'm definetly re-raising Probably about 3000 more chips. After the flop I'm firing most probably a pot size bet no matter what hits. Gotta be aggressive form beginning to end of hand. I've slow-played AA too many times and got out drawn. No more.

D

DangerZone17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would check, I know ur at risk, but being able to fold AA is a necassity and the trap it sets is huge, ever watch Rounders.

O

orioles32

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the best starting hand in holdem I'm definetly re-raising Probably about 3000 more chips. After the flop I'm firing most probably a pot size bet no matter what hits. Gotta be aggressive form beginning to end of hand. I've slow-played AA too many times and got out drawn. No more.

You sure you're firing on whatever hits? What if an ace and 2 blanks hit? You would then have top set without any draws on the board. Why not let him bluff off his chips to you?

J

JoeDi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would re-raise about 3x his bet.. then shove after the flop...