A4s utg late stages sunday 100k

S

Shandy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry no hand history. 91 left in the sunday 100grand.
BB50,000
think ante was 5000
Table 8 handed.
Heros stack ~320,000
rest of stacks range from 190,000 to 1.2mil.
Think i am 6/8 on the table, but my stack would deeply hurt prob 5 of the other 8, with only the 1.2mil able to call with a mediocre hand.

Hero is Utg with A4s.
BB and sb both have stacks which don't commit them to calling with ATC.
do you shove?

Edited to add:
Tourney is H4H due to pay increase bubble- think $200- $240, but expect someone else shorter than me to bust on one of the other tables in same hand so will get the 240 anyway, think next pay bubble would be about 20 people away and i was in the bottom 25 i think.- but at this stage is only increasing like 40/60 at a time so no biggie.

Last edited:
jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG shove w/ rag-ace when you're h4h and there are stacks way below yours? Don't fink so. I'd rather shove any two cards when the button reaches you than A4 utg, especially when you're this deep and h4h for dem bux.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have a hand history so we can see the actual stacks of everyone?

But there is no way I am shoving this UTG you are only going to get called by a hand that has you completely dominated. Fourty dollars more is fourty dollars more, no need to bust out right now.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG shove w/ rag-ace when you're h4h and there are stacks way below yours? Don't fink so. I'd rather shove any two cards when the button reaches you than A4 utg, especially when you're this deep and h4h for dem bux.
i agree with this
but his M is only 4, so really when it is this low i think u need to push with an A, but also seeing that it is H4h and a 20% increase from the last payout,u have to fold and pick up the 40$ then u can risk ur stack with A rag
if u had 500K it would be an easy fold,but i dont suggest open shoving with A4o in this spot
late in this tourny is a donkfest, u could probably sitout and make top 63 ppl, its that bad{well 10 minute levels make it worse}
but fold and wait for better spot

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part of the decision-making process here relies on considering the position of the other stacks at the table in relation to you, for which we really need a HH. You know you can request HHs from Stars, right?

This aside, we have just under 6.5bbs here, which gives us some degree of fold equity here. If we fold, we have a problem. Once the blinds have gone through us, we will have ~235k left, under 5bbs, really on the borderline as far as fold equity is concerned. Plus there's no guarantee we'll get the opportunity to openshove our button or CO in the next orbit.

Despite all this, I think it's just about a fold. We have the stack to give us fold equity, but shoving into 7 players makes it obviously more likely we're going to be looked up in one spot.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your M is exactly 2.8 (don't forget to include the antes when computing M), so I think you should shove.

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with ace rag is that most of the time you will get called by a player with a better ace. I would wait for a better time to go all-in. The play would be much better with the likes of 87s since if you get called by a non-pair, you have two live cards and a chance for a flush.

In essence it is all about picking your spots, and this is doesn't really seem to be one of them, especially because in 8 handed play the chances are small that everyone will fold or you get called by much worse cards.