* * Dealt to BB:T♦ 7♠
Preflop:
* * 1 players fold.
BTN calls [300] Hero checks
* * 1 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 2
* * Potsize: 750
Flop: 4♦ 7♥ K♠ Hero bets [1,140, and is all in]

Notice that we're at the bubble, it's a sng and top 3 get paid, and there's another stack about as short as me.

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree this is a good spot to shove, but be aware that because of his chip stack the villain is probably going to call you with a wide range of hands looking to bust the bubble and ensure he cashes.....but really that's almost an instashove spot considering ur in the BB and have only 4 bb's....honestly you could have shoved pre being as it limped to you and at worst been a 60/40 i think.

E

erille

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a very standard shove, yes. Infact it's a shove before flop.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This one has to have reads to be analysed meaningfully, IMO.

Risking our stack with middle pair and an average kicker, out of position, on the bubble, against the only player who can afford to call us and still be in the lead... it's just not my idea of a good time. I know our M is about 3, but this is a situation where I value a lot of other information above my M.

This information includes: how has the table been playing? Timid? Aggressive? Are people getting walks in the blinds? Are minbets taking down pots? Has UTG been trying to fold his way into the money? Turbo or regular? When do the blinds go up next?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe this is a standard or automatic shove.

It's not a bad shove, but under many circumstances I might be inclined to wait and see. Yes, I expect button to steal this from me, and yes I may decide to call, (same effect as a pf shove), but the possibility of a better situation does exist.

So while much of the time this situation does shove, it doesn't have to.

D

Dr_Dick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough spot to be in, but nothing wrong with a shove here.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You definitely need reads on the big stack. His limping preflop is strange. He could legitimately be shoving ATC at this stage and use his huge fold equity to crush you all, so why does he limp? Did he do that repeatedly and steal post-flop in the last hands? If so, you should probably check to induce a bluff. If it's his first limp after crushing the table with raises, then you should be very worried that he has decided to slow play a monster.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a very standard shove, yes. Infact it's a shove before flop.

I love players like yourself being against me at SnG bubbles. Against the big stack, the last thing I want to be doing here is shoving pre-flop. He has already put chips in the pot, so we have lost first in vigorish, our hand is marginal at best for defending our blind when there is at least a decent chance of a call.

As for the flop, I am the biggest nit on SnG bubbles so as others have said it is very read dependent on 1) the table and 2) the big stack. If the table, mainly the other short stack, has been uber tight and will try to fold to the money, then a shove looks a little favourable to try and grab more chips and put the pressure on the short stack. However, if that stack has shown a willingness to shove and not really look like he wants to fold to the money then I check-fold this flop. The player will be in the BB next and will be looking to make a move. Sure, it sucks if he doubles up or steals the blinds, but you are still alive.

As for the big stack, if he is calling with anything trying to eliminate people from the tourney then a shove here would look good as we could get called and doubled up. Dependent on reads on the table, but knowing how misplayed the bubble can be in SnGs, I check and see what the button does.