• Thread starter JessieBear15331
  • Start date
JessieBear15331

JessieBear15331

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Game #4336404993: Hold'em No Limit (5/10) - 2006/03/18 - 23:40:22 (ET)
Table 'Klio' (Play Money) Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: doctorDoiDoi (4841 in chips)
Seat 2: RonnyMo (990 in chips)
Seat 3: brentadam (2505 in chips)
Seat 4: buzzard25 (966 in chips)
Seat 5: kevin26 (1990 in chips)
Seat 6: Jessiebear31 (17086 in chips)
Seat 7: Dommy C. (1000 in chips)
Seat 8: madmax0099 (4221 in chips)
Seat 9: GoldDragon4 (1857 in chips)
Jessiebear31: posts small blind 5
Dommy C.: posts big blind 10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Jessiebear31 [Ks 7s]
madmax0099: calls 10
GoldDragon4: calls 10
doctorDoiDoi: calls 10
RonnyMo: raises 40 to 50
brentadam: folds
buzzard25: calls 50
kevin26: calls 50
Jessiebear31: calls 45
Dommy C.: calls 40
madmax0099: calls 40
GoldDragon4: calls 40
doctorDoiDoi: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [5d 6s Kh]
Jessiebear31: bets 850
Dommy C.: raises 100 to 950 and is all-in
madmax0099: folds
GoldDragon4: calls 950
doctorDoiDoi: folds
RonnyMo: calls 940 and is all-in
buzzard25: folds
kevin26: folds
Jessiebear31: calls 100
*** TURN *** [5d 6s Kh] 8♦
Jessiebear31: checks
GoldDragon4: checks
*** RIVER *** [5d 6s Kh 8d] K♦
Jessiebear31: checks
GoldDragon4: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Jessiebear31: shows [Ks 7s] (three of a kind, Kings)
Dommy C.: mucks hand
GoldDragon4: mucks hand
Jessiebear31 collected 30 from side pot
GoldDragon4 leaves the table
RonnyMo: mucks hand
Jessiebear31 collected 4160 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4190 Main pot 4160. Side pot 30. | Rake 0
Board [5d 6s Kh 8d Kd]
Seat 1: doctorDoiDoi folded on the Flop
Seat 2: RonnyMo mucked [Ac Ah]
Seat 3: brentadam folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: buzzard25 folded on the Flop
Seat 5: kevin26 (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 6: Jessiebear31 (small blind) showed [Ks 7s] and won (4190) with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 7: Dommy C. (big blind) mucked [Qs 5c]
Seat 8: madmax0099 folded on the Flop
Seat 9: GoldDragon4 mucked [5s Qd]

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No its horrible horrible play, you need to get yourself off them play money tables as soon as possible.

K7c, mistake 1- Not worth calling with, let alone calling a raise with.

Flop : You overbet with Top pair and a horribly weak kicker, in reality the only player calling you here has you beaten.

Outcome, you got lucky, very lucky on this hand, and i hate to be the one to tell you this, but its a totally brutal play. Get off them play money tables and deposit, PokerStars has games with 1c/2c blinds youll learn much more playing there.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to give advice on play money hands because there's just no guessing what your opponents have. Poker is meaningless without consequence. But for the sake of exercise lets pretend there was something at stake.

I disagree with Tenbob; at least in part. While K7s is not a great hand from any position it's not so devoid of potential that I would ignore the 7:1 pot odds you were getting from the small blind.

So you hit top pair and bet out. 850? Kind of a large probe bet considering that you had 7 callers on your heels. I would have poked around with 1/2 to 1 pot max. That's why I don't win consistently. The correct play is to check. But, your raise did buy you another 2 free cards and loads of information. Useless information as it turns out because I nearly choked when I saw what Dommy C. and GoldDragon4 showed down. But you have got to assume that at least one of these chumps is for real, even at a play money table.

So you check the turn. Good.

What was with the check on the river? Were you afraid of the flush? After the flop any flush draw would have needed runner runner. That leadoff bet should have scared him off. The straight? Still far short of what he needed to call that bet. Assuming you're up against a minimum of 2 pair, you should have bet out. You had nothing to lose. GoldDragon4 must have known you had the Kings but if he had any hand at all (he didn't, but that's not the point) he would have been pot commited and a small bet would probably have been called. (But of course we all know that it wouldn't. But then again...)

Jessie, time to make a deposit. You're obviously ready to move on. You're learning nothing at these tables.

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Making an analysis on a play money table is like finding a needle in a haystack but here goes

I dont think the preflop play is ridiculously bad. The problem is that you are UTG (under the gun) and if you hit the flop you will have to bet out to protect a weakish hand

The problem is you may, as TB mentioned, find yourself outkicked and having to call a bet out of position and with very little tells on any of your opponents

Play money is very bad way to learn how to play the game properly BUT it does allow you to learn the fundamentals of when, how and what plays to make. You seriously need to think about making a deposit, as you will find the competition a lot more interesting and fun to play and you will learn more about your game a lot quicker

How much time do you spend on play money tables? Looking at some of your posts and your chip stacks I would imagine it is a fair amount of time. Even if you spent 2 hours and $15 on a book, you will learn more in an hour reading this than you will playing play money poker for 6 months

JessieBear15331

JessieBear15331

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a long story explaining why depositing is a fond wish I have.
I don't work. I want to, believe me. It's boring not working. Why don't I work? Here'sthe long story. Back on January 8th, I fell, sustaining a trimalleolar fracture(I broke my ankle in three places). I needed emergency intensive repairative surgery, which I had. This surgery puts ANYONE out of comission for at least eight weeks. Unfortunately, I have a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy that slows recovery time WAY down. I have to re-learn to walk, landing me in a hospital physical rehabilitation program until September. I cannot wait until my discharge, so I can go back to my college dorm room. I miss college. Luckily, I have found a wonderful, generous and loving fiance, t1riel, who helps me with whatever I need. He has poker books, which he lends to me in order for me to improve my poker game. When I do get back to work, I plan to deposit money on a few sites!! :)

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure you have access to T1's password.
Practice makes perfect.