* * Total folds this street: 5
* * Potsize: 1170
Flop:
* * 10♠ 8♠ 6♥
* * MP2 checks
* * MP3 checks
* * CO bets [975, and is all in]

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

With all those draws out there I think the first two players would have shoved or bet if they had a set or overpair. Now pot is about 1000 and CO goes all in for 975.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I fold this, we played this for set value and missed the set, so let it go, we have to assume we are behind to at least a ten and only have 4 clean outs (the gutshot draw) since hitting a set will put for to a straight on board which may not be good, so we arent getting the odds to call. Also we have 2 players to act behind which may also get involved, especially if hte pre flop raiser is slowplaying something, so i fold here.

Also fold pre flop, when you called you werent getting the implied odds to call

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I think it was a bad call too but I called and he had 77 and I won. It was bad because of the possibility one of the players who checked was slowplaying.

"Also fold pre flop, when you called you werent getting the implied odds to call"

You can't be serious...

ryaned

ryaned

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gamblin

I asume this is early in a tournament and you're either facing overpair, overcards or under pair...so you gambled
preflop implied odds as I understand them were favorable...post flop we're back to gamblin'...imo

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Also fold pre flop, when you called you werent getting the implied odds to call"

You can't be serious...

um yes, im stating the facts, unless my maths is wrong, the bet was 270, you have 2300 behind, each of the villains that called before you have 1300 each about. Therefore you werent getting 10-1 on the bet:stack size comparison. For this to be a profitable play, when you do flop a set you have to get every last chip from both villains, which is unlikely. If you were heads up agaisnt 1 villain and you both had stacks of 3000 then it would make sense

M

memfisofeld

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that calling is smart here!!!!

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so I get this right, if I have pp the only way to make it profitable is to pull 10x the bet amount in chips? or at least have the possibility to pull that many chips?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ if your palying for set value, that is what your looking for

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
99, in this situation is a hand I would rather be holding in an earlier position.

You called, and got a bit of luck, no issue there. But at that point you had to be reverting to set mining for exactly Switches point. You had to give credence to the possibility that villain hit a T, more so than villain was sitting 78,79,89.

FWIW I think set odds at that point are 8-1 not 10-1, but that may be preflop.

wildjax

wildjax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to agree...bad call here. Luck was on your side in taking this pot. Way too few outs to make that call--then again, luck is never a bad thing to have on your side

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ It is 8-1 to hit a set, but if stack sizes: bit size is 8-1, then that would make it more of a break even play. Your looking for 10:1 so that it is consistently profitable to set mine

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given we've established you're a gambler, another line of thought is to shove preflop. There are 690 chips in the pot when it comes to you preflop and that's a nice amount to steal using your big stack as a hammer.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've got the 6th best starting hand in hold'em why would I fold preflop? This is likely the best hand I'll get for the rest of the entire sng.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So your not folding this hand, your not getting set mining odds, your hand dosnt play well muti-way, then why are you calling preflop.

Surely raising is better ?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a really bad call Ben. No wonder you're so "unlucky".