Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys.

I feel I`ve been muffed again!!!

Let me know if you think I was right to go with this:-

ronaldadio posted small blind (50) (I was delt A9o)
> tigertank2 posted big blind (100)
> Game # 556,843,042 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards
[Observer]Mazelucky13> lol
> fredfred, you have 10 seconds to respond
> fredfred folded
> linus21 called for 100
> Craz-e folded
> tym folded
> _L10N_ folded
> ronaldadio called for 50
> tigertank2 checked
> Dealing the Flop(9c 8d Qh )
> ronaldadio, you have 10 seconds to respond
> ronaldadio bet for 200
> tigertank2 called for 200
> linus21 raised for 400
> ronaldadio called for 200
> tigertank2 called for 200
> Dealing the turn(9h )
> ronaldadio bet for 600
> tigertank2 folded
> linus21 raised for 1,200
> ronaldadio raised for 1,200
> linus21 called for 600
> Dealing the river(4h )
> ronaldadio bet for 1,200
> linus21 went all-in for 5,130
> Frejdig sits down
> simon021 sits down
> ronaldadio went all-in for 2,570
> Extra chips returned to linus21, 1,360
> linus21 shows a Full House, Nines full of Queens
(9c 9h 9s Qh Qc )
> linus21 wins 12,640 with a Full House, Nines full of Queens
> ronaldadio has left the tournament in 38th place

What do u guys think? Should I give up as the Gods are against me? Would any of you done anything different?
To make matters worse, this was a high stake MTT I was playing in. At the time I was in about 5th place.

It has knocked my confidence because I feel I can play at this level ($50 buyin) but this type of thing always gets me. I would never even think of calling in early position with Q9 - the guy who won did. The answer I get from a lot of you is "in the long run, he will lose" I struggle to agree. I play a solid game, almost by the book, but the kind of suck out above happens on a regular basis - it`s getting so bad that I could be sitting with pocket A`s, had a caller of my 5 time the big blind raise, flop comes down 2,6,7 rainbow, and if I raise and get re raised I feel like folding - the guy has got trips!!! (this also happened last week, guy had pocket 2`s)

2 days ago I was delt AJ. Flop comes down 9,J,4 rainbow. I raise (as u do) get called. Turn J. I raise, get reraised. Now pot committed. I go all in. The other guy turns 22. Correct me if I`m wrong, but he has about a 4% chance with only river to come. And u guessed it, he hits his 2 on the river, giving him a FH.

I here a lot of you guys make money playing poker. My thought are that the top players (Ivey, Moneymaker, etc) were just scraping by, but got lucky and won a big tourny (probably muffing on the way) giving them $$$$. Now they can go into the big tournys and play. Again, from time to time, they get lucky.

Is it possible for a technically very good player to lose on a regular basis?

That my rant over, your comments are appreciated

Ronaldadio

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure it is.

My feeling on the above is this:- you worry more about other people overvalueing their cards pre-flop, when you should be more worried about yourself overvalueing cards post-flop. Good poker is won in amongst the cards.

Good Luck to you :)

ps Moneymaker is the "one lucky win guy" :) , Ivey is in a different class to him

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might be a bit stupid, but...

Welly said:
Sure it is.

My feeling on the above is this:- you worry more about other people overvalueing their cards pre-flop, when you should be more worried about yourself overvalueing cards post-flop. Good poker is won in amongst the cards.

Good Luck to you :)

ps Moneymaker is the "one lucky win guy" :) , Ivey is in a different class to him

What exactly do you mean?

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you definately want to raise in that spot out of the SB, bet the flop, and fold to raise...but if i DID happen to call his flop raise... I would have probably check-raised my trips on the turn, betting river is good, but calling that push is horrible. you're clearly representing trip 9's and all you can beat is a bluff

N

nevyn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the situation.

I wold have folded the pair of nines.
In that position, with 36 players left, and u on the 5th place.
I wouldnt have called the A9 at all.
is it a player that have been bugging me fore a while i might loose my head though...lol

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dingodaddy23 said:
you definately want to raise in that spot out of the SB, bet the flop, and fold to raise...but if i DID happen to call his flop raise... I would have probably check-raised my trips on the turn, betting river is good, but calling that push is horrible. you're clearly representing trip 9's and all you can beat is a bluff

So you think he had a read on me?

And you think I should have folded when I had trip 9`s and an A kicker?

I can possibly understand after I bet after the flop and he raised, showing he probably had Q`s. But another 200 chips into the pot at that time didnt seem a bad bet. Then 2 hit trips on the turn makes you feel well ahead.

U might have a better handle than me with this, but I think linus calling in 4th position with Q9o is not a usual call - I don`t think I would in that position.

Also, why would u think someone has the nuts when they go all in? So that could have been a good move by him.

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can obviously consider yourself unfortunate with the AJ. A painful catch for sure. :(

With the A9, it's not just the boat, but the possible straight as well, so you might be able to get away from that, although in reality this isnt easy.

The AA should be pretty easy to get away from.

Ronaldadio said:
What exactly do you mean?

What I mean is more in relation to your philiosopy in general, about what others should or should not play pre-flop. If you are too set in your ways about this, then the harder it will be for you to lay down your overpairs and TPTKs once you've seen the flop. Him playing Q9 is completely fine, IMO. Who is the better player, the guy who plays 4-6, or the guy who cant lay down his aces on a reraised board of 3 5 7?