natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was in the SB, 9 handed,
BB had just a a few chips less than I did.
I am dealt A, A
table folds to me.
I raise 3x the blinds.
Wrong play?

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How big were the stacks?
What reads did you have on BB?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. Read this please. For the future, hand analysis belongs here (although, tbh, I'm not sure how much analysis is needed here, your play is totally standard).

Thanksssss :)

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi. Read this please. For the future, hand analysis belongs here (although, tbh, I'm not sure how much analysis is needed here, your play is totally standard).

Thanksssss :)
Is it truly standard? I don't think this is a request for a Hand analysis as much as advise in playing a tourney.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTF is this thread?
You have over 1k post i hope this is a level

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well so far I have had only answers that are attempting to show how stupid I am.
Anyone out there perhaps have a thought besides an insult?.
If anyone believes that trying to show my ignorance is a legit answer, it isn't.
Is the number of posts a person has a direct reflection of their poker prowess?
So, as asked in the first post, did I make the correct play?

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well so far I have had only answers that are attempting to show how stupid I am.
Anyone out there perhaps have a thought besides an insult?.
If anyone believes that trying to show my ignorance is a legit answer, it isn't.
Is the number of posts a person has a direct reflection of their poker prowess?
So, as asked in the first post, did I make the correct play?

Well yea kind of.... I still suck, but even i know that your play here was standard. nothing out of the ordinary. Plus you did not give a more in depth of what was going on here.

Game, Tourney, Stack sizes, ext ext. So thats why you are getting hammered on. ITs like asking, " I have KK and someone shoved all in from UTG, do i call??" Not enough info here.

Cash game? tourney? On the bubble? ext. see more info more help :D

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well yea kind of.... I still suck, but even i know that your play here was standard. nothing out of the ordinary. Plus you did not give a more in depth of what was going on here.

Game, Tourney, Stack sizes, ext ext. So thats why you are getting hammered on. ITs like asking, " I have KK and someone shoved all in from UTG, do i call??" Not enough info here.
Cash game? tourney? On the bubble? ext. see more info more help :D
I too thought it was a standard play until after I made the play. That is why I am subjecting myself to this abuse. I thought by posting something here I may get some insight not some insults.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all good, I post dumb post all the time. and CC members let me know every time :D

But again, it would be better to give more information here. That was most likely the biggest flaw of the OP.

The BB had a little less than you in chips, but by how many BB?
Was ths a tourney? If so, You could argue that you should have raised a bit smaller, like 2.5 to make him feel he has good pot odds to call, however this is speculative, and again x3 raise is never wrong on any account.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol if thats not standard I don't know what is. You played the hand fine.. does seem like a level though.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
this was a tourney and we both had around 20 BB. I'm still not sure what difference how many BB we had unless we were SS, which we weren't.
If I was SS I would have just shoved with that hand.

I guess the answer I was looking for is that:
Seeing there is only one player left to act after I act, and all who previously acted, folded, should I have just called and try to go heads up vs. the BB with the best possible starting hand. This is what I thought after I raised 3x and the BB folded leaving me to takedown only the blinds.
Normally with A,A I would raise to try to isolate a single player to play against. In this case, the other player, BB has already been isolated just by our positions. So I wondered if this was a good place to slow play.
That's why I posed the question about this hand. It wasn't a real complicated situation, rather, best possible starting hand vs. xx and I didn't get the most $$ out of it.
Hopefully this explains some of my dumbness?

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was good that you raised, granted you did not get action with your AA, however, at least you didnt get sucked out and bust out with them, also you stole the blinds, and now know the BB either had complete trash, OR is tight even with his blind and wont play back, thus you may have found a good spot to steal to stay afloat in the game.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
thus you may have found a good spot to steal to stay afloat in the game.[/quote]

Thanks, I didn't think about utilizing information like this. I was more focused on missing the opportunity to get as many chips as possible, and not saving the info to use at a later time

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont really get the question, should I raise AA BvB?

think the answers pretty obvious and no do not limp AA BvB

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So basically you wanna see A flop to win more instead of raising and taking it down preflop?

Well, if we just limp and bet flop we still only win 1bb so raising over limping still ensures a bigger pot