A-9s VS A-Qo

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Player 1 was aggressive he was seated right to me and every time I'm on btn he raise from cutoff. Now I fold 80% or little more but then this hand A-9s I decided to call behind. Everyone folded flop came up 9 Q A all rainbow now how should I play here? What u did was he Cbet the flop which he did mostly always and I have seen him with weak hands before but overall he was a good reg. I raised his cbet and he reraise me back and I shove he called showed top 2 pairs vs my A9. How can I avoid this in future? :confused:

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nohow. It's cooler. You can also play more tight in similar situations, but still sometimes you will lose, including villains with weak hands.

E

E V A N

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe just call his reraise and see more cards (maybe even hit the flush). Either way I think you were going to lose this hand, but assuming you were so far ahead with two pair you could play it slower to be safe

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new to this so if I look at party poker my game stats I have improved from 40% to 50.12% in cash game as a new player with low budget I started without a trainer so I just check my stats through my game and try improving always but what I see no profits so far but stats tell me I have improved. How this works??

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Why do you raise the flop if you think he is mostly weak?

Do you think he would call an all-in with just a pair or a draw?

Do you often raise the flop without a good hand yourself?

If you only raise or re-raise when you have a good hand he can easily fold the worst part of his range.

If you only call he can continue betting with worse or bluffing.

You must consider both yours and villains tendencies post flop.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Player 1 was aggressive he was seated right to me and every time I'm on btn he raise from cutoff.
Do not internalize that he "always raises because it is YOUR button."
  • Does he raise other times? Or does he really ONLY raise when you are button?
  • What is his range from the cutoff? Have you seen any of the hands he raised from the cutoff where you folded?
These kinds of coolers happen. Even if you 3bet him pre-flop you are probably going to get more $$ in the middle with 2 pair.

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not internalize that he "always raises because it is YOUR button."
  • Does he raise other times? Or does he really ONLY raise when you are button?
  • What is his range from the cutoff? Have you seen any of the hands he raised from the cutoff where you folded?
These kinds of coolers happen. Even if you 3bet him pre-flop you are probably going to get more $$ in the middle with 2 pair.
First I see this guy playing all the time and long sessions so I think he know a bit of poker. But before this hand he raise mostly every hand from cut and just recent from this hand he raised open 2.5x 3 or 4 hands in a row.

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you only raise or re-raise when you have a good hand he can easily fold the worst part of his range.

I mostly play fit or fold in other words I'm very tight mostly and most of time table knows it but no I didn't think any of that and no I dnt always raise with weak hands, I do bluff open with weak hands time to time but let's say 20% or less

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also while all you fine people looking at this please correct me here as I have very little understanding about poker math.
Case1. Pot $32 and it will be 16$ for me to see the turn card.
I have 15 outs on flop
So this is what I calculate
32+16=48
48:16=33% ruff
Out 15 x4 (4-2rule) = 60%
Now this should be a very clear call right and is this what they mean when people talking about +EV play? Playing like this will make you winning player in long term regardless of limit you play in cash poker??
I know we can look into implied odds also but let's say we dnt consider implied odds and take them as a bonus.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He stated OP was aggressive and always raising his BB. with aggressives how do u ever put them on an actual good hand when you see them playing trash so often and betting with trash. just a unlucky result of him having better hand

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also while all you fine people looking at this please correct me here as I have very little understanding about poker math.
Case1. Pot $32 and it will be 16$ for me to see the turn card.
I have 15 outs on flop
So this is what I calculate
32+16=48
48:16=33% ruff
Out 15 x4 (4-2rule) = 60%
Now this should be a very clear call right and is this what they mean when people talking about +EV play? Playing like this will make you winning player in long term regardless of limit you play in cash poker??
I know we can look into implied odds also but let's say we dnt consider implied odds and take them as a bonus.

How did you have 15 outs on a rainbow flop? you was basically dead to a 2 outer. Youd have to hit runner runner flush if there was a spade on board. Someone correct me if im wrong here please!

D

Desiatpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did you have 15 outs on a rainbow flop? you was basically dead to a 2 outer. Youd have to hit runner runner flush if there was a spade on board. Someone correct me if im wrong here please!
No I didn't 15 out lol that case was a different example my bad

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't avoid that.Well, you could have folded pre-flop and waited for a better time to push back. When you do push back, try re-raising instead of calling.

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it is bigger than your stack four times, he'll just bends. Wait for normal maps and bends over him. He can enjoy prog, which shows that you are on alyn or four-bet skidyvanie. Here it is you and exploits. Well, even AA do not guarantee victory.

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a real cooler and you will really lose some chips there

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Player 1 was aggressive he was seated right to me and every time I'm on btn he raise from cutoff. Now I fold 80% or little more but then this hand A-9s I decided to call behind. Everyone folded flop came up 9 Q A all rainbow now how should I play here? What u did was he Cbet the flop which he did mostly always and I have seen him with weak hands before but overall he was a good reg. I raised his cbet and he reraise me back and I shove he called showed top 2 pairs vs my A9. How can I avoid this in future? :confused:

Luck waiting for another 9 or a flush draw:D

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For what its worth I have noticed the A9s plays very well, better than the AQo

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise on the flop for what? What the hands do you think he will calls vs your raise?