99 MP

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacks: - UTG with 3300 - UTG+1 with 1420 - MP1 with 1400 - MP2 with 1470 - CO with 1500 - BTN with 1470 - SB with 1440 - BB with 1500
index.pl

Blinds: 10/20
Site: pokerstars
* - Dealt to MP2:9♥ 9♦
* - Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
**- 3 players fold.
* - Hero raises 60 to 80
* - CO calls [80]
* - 3 players folded.
* - Total folds this street: 6
* - Potsize: 190
Flop:
* - 7♣ 5♦ 6♦
* - Hero bets [120]
**- 3 players fold.
* - CO calls [120]
* - Potsize: 430
Turn:
* - 9♣
* - Hero bets [300]
* - CO calls [300]
* - Potsize: 1030
River:
* - J♦
* - Hero: ???

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Another early SNG situation no reads on villian he has played one pot, preflop raise folded to him. He made a very slow call on the flop and insta called the turn, what is my move now?

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to check the river, he could easily have had the open ender on the flop and made a straight on the turn. He could have also had the diamond draw.

If he pushes all-in, you'll have a tough decision. In SNGs, you should virtually never fold a set because you don't have a lot of time to accumulate chips and can't let go of those strong hands.
At the same time, you can only beat a bluff if he pushes. So I'd probably fold to a push.

Check and hope that he checks behind with 56 suited.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that's a pretty tough spot. Out of position with the guy calling all the way along. And I'm gonna assume that 1500 is the starting stack size, so not very many hands in... And the turn & river were about as scary as they could possibly be.

I like leading out on the flop strong. The only thing I might do different is check call/raise the turn to really figure out where you are in the hand. Sure, you give the flush draw a free card, but a guy with a straight might try to trap you, giving you the opportunity to boat up for free on the river if he checks behind. I just think leading out again doesn't get you much information, and on this board we desperately need to know where we're at in the hand.

As played, I think you pretty much have to check the river. There's just too much scary crap out there. You can get away from this hand with 1050 chips left, which is more than enough to keep playing.

On the contrary, we could bet 300ish, but I think we're just asking to get raised on the river.

We're probably folding to a push, but what if he sticks a good value bet of, say, 400-600 chips out there? I think we're folding this hand to pretty much any bet over 300, and even then we're probably just donating chips to someone.

Last edited:
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worst turn and river ever - you might have to c/f

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really easy check/fold. if he had a draw, he hit it. if he had some sort of pair, he has showdown value and he's unlikely to turn it into a bluff

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I checked he pushed all in and I folded I really wish this hand would have happened a little later into the tourney because after watching his play the rest of the SNG I am almost positive he was on an overpair.

Does everyone agree I shouldn't be leading out on the turn? Also if the flush draw doesnt complete on the river is this still an easy check fold? What is your move if a :jh4: comes on the river?

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also if the flush draw doesnt complete on the river is this still an easy check fold? What is your move if a :jh4: comes on the river?
No, if the flush draw doesn't complete I check/call even a push.