9 Player Sit & Go in the CO, getting the most for AA's

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was the 8th Hand of the Sit & Go so I didn't have an reads on anyone in hand (not that I am great at reads yet anyway). I realize I should have raised more preflop to try to get some folds but was unsure how much to bet, obviosly more than I did.

Table '73495363 1' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Snareboy2005 (1910 in chips)
Seat 2: BSMFKA (1380 in chips)
Seat 3: elcamino54 (960 in chips)
Seat 4: milk&Juice (1150 in chips)
Seat 5: sheldonsmith (730 in chips)
Seat 6: WSQUAREDW (2840 in chips)
Seat 7: Hero (1470 in chips)
Seat 8: L7L7L7L7 (1820 in chips)
Seat 9: Lanerplayer (1240 in chips)
Lanerplayer: posts small blind 10
Snareboy2005: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ac Ah]
BSMFKA: folds
elcamino54: calls 20
milk&Juice: calls 20
sheldonsmith: folds
WSQUAREDW: calls 20
Hero: raises 60 to 80
L7L7L7L7: folds
Lanerplayer: calls 70
Snareboy2005: calls 60
elcamino54: calls 60
milk&Juice: calls 60
WSQUAREDW: calls 60
*** FLOP *** [7c 6d As]
Lanerplayer: bets 100
Snareboy2005: folds
elcamino54: calls 100
milk&Juice: folds
WSQUAREDW: calls 100

Hero-? Raise or Call and Why please?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too much ppl in the hand, straight draws on board, u want to get some ppl out so i think i 2/3 pot raise will do the trick,it would get the draws out of the hand and u would be left with the ppl who have 2 pair etc who would pay u off

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're not gonna get draws out with 2/3 pot raise jezza - their getting like 1 gizzilion to 1 with so many ppl in the hand. That's fine though, happy to get value while we can by raising. I think I'll come back to this in the morning actually.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
will 2/3rd this pot is like 600 chips which is basically a large chunk of everyones stack so i have to believe the draws will fold if it is so large in comparison to their stack

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push. It's the 8th hand of a SnG and there is 660 (I think) in the pot. There is 1 idiot at the table who thinks their Ace is good. They'll think you're stealing or that you have a smaller pocket pair and are trying to push them off their hand. If you don't get at least 1 call to a push I'd be amazed.

If you don't get a call just type something like KK or QQ in the chat window. They'll peg you for an idiot and you'll get paid off later.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
will 2/3rd this pot is like 600 chips which is basically a large chunk of everyones stack so i have to believe the draws will fold if it is so large in comparison to their stack

Maybe, but we are technically giving them odds to call.

Push. It's the 8th hand of a SnG and there is 660 (I think) in the pot. There is 1 idiot at the table who thinks their Ace is good. They'll think you're stealing or that you have a smaller pocket pair and are trying to push them off their hand. If you don't get at least 1 call to a push I'd be amazed.

If you don't get a call just type something like KK or QQ in the chat window. They'll peg you for an idiot and you'll get paid off later.

I doubt that people playing at such a low standard would really be paying attention enough for this.

Push before action slows down.

millviller

millviller

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree push there. You will get 1 or more callers. There is alot of donkeys out there thinking they will catch on the river,

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wasn't worried about draws (though maybe I should have been) I called to not scare anyone away; though from your posts that was the wrong play.

Hero: Calls 100
*** TURN *** [7c 6d As] [Tc]
Lanerplayer: bets 100
elcamino54: calls 100
WSQUAREDW: calls 100
Hero ?

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
push! push! push! do not slow play this hand, i wouldn't play this hand for value since there are too many players in the hand. someone is sitting on the case ace and will probably call you thinking his Ace is good.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
push! push! push! do not slow play this hand, i wouldn't play this hand for value since there are too many players in the hand. someone is sitting on the case ace and will probably call you thinking his Ace is good.

The most dangerous card in the deck comes and now you push?

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I am glad I posted this because it appears I played it as badly as possible here is the results of the rest of the hand.

Hero: raises 200 to 300 nobody reraised so I didn't fear the Straight no one is showing any strength in this hand

Lanerplayer: calls 200
elcamino54: calls 200
WSQUAREDW: calls 200
*** RIVER *** [7c 6d As Tc] [3s]
Lanerplayer: checks
elcamino54: checks
WSQUAREDW: checks
Hero: bets 80 try to get a few extra chips not thinking anyone would actually call and if all folds I don't have to show my hand.
Lanerplayer: calls 80
elcamino54: folds
WSQUAREDW: folds
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Steveg1976: shows [Ac Ah] (three of a kind, Aces)
Lanerplayer: mucks hand
Hero: collected 2240 from pot

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Assuming this was a play money game, because no stakes are in the HH title line.

IF this were a money game, then this might apply;

Standard published raise preflop should have been 3x(bb) + 1 bb for each limper. That would make it $120 up front.

On the turn, with that many callers, you would want to make it pretty expensive to see the river with a straight draw. The pot at that point is $700, and you don't want to let all 3 of those guys see the rest of the board, so you pretty much have to shove (all-in). You've got a gem here but the 76 is problematic. At almost all levels I'm familiar with (play and real) there will be those who will chase a straight. At this point the only hand you fear is the 45, or the 89.

I just noticed you finished off the hand, making most of the above a moot point. Glad you won this. You deserved this one.

There are times when playing the set it makes sense to slow play it. The conditions would have to be that you were HU against someone you could expect to make a move at the pot, thus giving you max opportunity to relieve him of the burden of his chips.:D

N

NateTrib

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop: I raise to atleast a 100, its a guarantee your gonna get one caller, and you really dont want a lot of drawing hands in the pot with a PP.

Flop: I minraise haha. Yea it screams out I have a good hand, but the funny thing is everyone still will call because of the huge odds their getting. I think this would be the best way to build up the post as high as you can.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually the most dangerous card would have been an 8
what are the odds of him holding 89? still have to push

well an 8,9 would have flopped an oesd. If this is a play money game as dj mentioned im open pushing all in pre flop and expecting to be called by at least 2

pokerace3454

pokerace3454

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you push all in not even think about it just do it

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What? That was the weirdest hand I've ever seen. This is worse play than the play money tables, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a play money sng and you just bleeped off the title. Firstly on the turn you only raised to 1/6 of the pot or summat, then river......:confused::confused::confused: you had 3 callers even of the turn raise but think they'll be scared for more than 80 bet on the river?

N

nudist30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holy chit

I would have pushed all in after the flop no way in hell would i do anything less than that. Cripes. Never slow play a set. I'm sorry but thats insane.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What? That was the weirdest hand I've ever seen. This is worse play than the play money tables, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a play money sng and you just bleeped off the title. Firstly on the turn you only raised to 1/6 of the pot or summat, then river......:confused::confused::confused: you had 3 callers even of the turn raise but think they'll be scared for more than 80 bet on the river?

thanks for the insight but as i explained I was just trying to get a few extra chips no one showed any strength to that point an IF they did fold so be it i don't have to show my hand.

As for this being a poorly played hand, that is why I posted it. How am I going to learn by posting perfectly played hands?

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Soz I didn't mean any offence - I wasn't referring to you playing poorly I was referring to the table. The bet of 80 just seemed very smalled considering there was 1200 already in the pot (only a 6.7% of pot size), and with 3 people tagging along that far I figured you could try and get a bit more value.

Sorry if I sounded rude :eek: - I was mainly just astounded that only 1 person would call an 80 bet for such a massive pot

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As it turned out the most of the table we chasers/calling stations. I saw middle and bottom pair win several time on hands I wasn't involved in after this hand. I lost because I got sucked out on after flopping a striaght and they hit the weak flush.