9 player Sit&go dealt 10,9o UTG

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Total posts
Awards
The table other than me was playing pretty tight and not very aggressive. I was looser and much more aggressive, having won a few hands and getting caught for a big pay off once.

Dealer: BRS06 posts small blind 10
Dealer: bkfry posts big blind 20
Dealer: Steveg1976 dealt [10c,9s]
Dealer: lonace folds
Dealer: soulness87 calls 20
Dealer: JENNIE62 calls 20
Dealer: BLACKVETTE04 calls 20
Dealer: Steveg1976 calls 20
Dealer: BRS06 calls 10
Dealer: bkfry checks
Dealer: Dealing Flop: [Qc 7s 8h]
Dealer: BRS06 checks
Dealer: soulness87 checks
Dealer: JENNIE62 checks
Dealer: BLACKVETTE04 bets 200
Dealer: Steveg1976 calls 200 I call here thinking it is worth one more shot with an open ended straight draw, should I have folded?
Dealer: BRS06 folds
Dealer: bkfry folds
Dealer: soulness87 calls 200
Dealer: JENNIE62 folds

I will post the turn in the morning, after you all have had a chance to pick my decisions apart

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Total posts
first off, you are not UTG, you are on the button,

and to answer your question, too much of an overbet. You do not have the proper pot odds. Fold.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Total posts
I actually dont mind the limp on the button with 3 limpers in front and blth blinds likely in too. This is what you want with a hand like 8-9 so the pre-flop play is fine. If it was UTG like your heading said it's a fold.

Post flop I don't mind the call here at all. There's 320 in the pot and it costs you 200 to play. As the other poster said the odds aren't there but the implied odds are. Especially since there were several players left and the odds are there if one of them comes along. It's likely one or both have a queen or possible middle pair, something like A-8. The second caller may even have a draw with the idiot end of the straight.

With this flop and the action it appears likely that your could get paid off big if you hit.

I don't mind the call although a fold wouldn't be wrong either. I especially like the call since another player also called meaning you have 220 on a 720 pot.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Total posts
Awards
The table other than me was playing pretty tight and not very aggressive. I was looser and much more aggressive, having won a few hands and getting caught for a big pay off once.

Dealer: BRS06 posts small blind 10
Dealer: bkfry posts big blind 20
Dealer: Steveg1976 dealt [10c,9s]
Dealer: lonace folds
Dealer: soulness87 calls 20
Dealer: JENNIE62 calls 20
Dealer: BLACKVETTE04 calls 20
Dealer: Steveg1976 calls 20
Dealer: BRS06 calls 10
Dealer: Dealing Flop: [Qc 7s 8h]
Dealer: BRS06 checks
Dealer: JENNIE62 checks
Dealer: BLACKVETTE04 bets 200
Dealer: Steveg1976 calls 200 I call here thinking it is worth one more shot with an open ended straight draw, should I have folded?
Dealer: BRS06 folds
Dealer: bkfry folds
Dealer: soulness87 calls 200
Dealer: JENNIE62 folds

I will post the turn in the morning, after you all have had a chance to pick my decisions apart

Sorry for the mistake in the title

Dealer: Dealing Turn: [6s]
Dealer: BLACKVETTE04 bets 280 and is all-in
Dealer: Steveg1976 raises 1480 to 1760 and is all-in I shoved all my chips in here to let the other player know that I had it covered, but I didn't mind a call as at this point I figured to have the best hand
Dealer: soulness87 calls 1760 Soulness had around 4k in chips so I wasn't sure if he really had something or was just looking to eliminate two players instead of one

dj11

dj11

Legend
Total posts
Awards
The thing here about the implied odds, is you really don't even have implied odds here. Without stack sizes it is harder to determine if I would call this, I might, on occasion.

If I were to call, and was using implied odds as a justification, it would be because I felt sure that my call would juice up the pot enough so that the blinds would apply implied odds and eventually the odds do appear. So my read on the blinds would have to be that they gamble some. If I read them as tight, I would fold out here as there was little probability that they will call without significant hands.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Total posts
Awards
That is exactly why I posted this, I appreciate the other points of view. They allow me to see the hand through other sets of eyes than my own. as it turned out:

Dealer: Dealing River: [2h]
Dealer: soulness87 has a pair of Tens
Dealer: Steveg1976 has a straight, Six to Ten
Dealer: Game #13657185307: Steveg1976 wins side pot (2960) with a straight, Six to Ten
Dealer: BLACKVETTE04 has two pair, Sevens and Deuces
Dealer: Game #13657185307: Steveg1976 wins main pot (1560) with a straight, Six to Ten

I won but the HH allows me to see if I played it "correctly" or not. thanks all, additional perspectives always welcome. This was my First HH so I will be sure to name it corretly and include chip stacks more clearly next time thanks.

spore

spore

Rock Star
Total posts
One other perspective on this. With a hand like T9o on the button with a couple limpers before me I most generally will either fold or raise. With a raise you could take down the pot right there, if not.. you show preflop strength for a continuation bet. And if you flop a straight draw, then the continuation bet becomes a semi-bluff.

Most of the time when I play this way and get a call or two preflop, I will take down the pot on the flop or turn. And if I don't.. it's still profitable over time when I hit the straight. Probably about 75% of the time I'll take it down before the river. That other 25% of the time I've got enough implied odds to make it worth it. Take it for what you will.

E

ellisman7

Total posts
lucky really. but take it while you can.

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Total posts
Dealer: Dealing River: 2♥
Dealer: soulness87 has a pair of Tens
Dealer: Steveg1976 has a straight, Six to Ten
Dealer: Game #13657185307: Steveg1976 wins side pot (2960) with a straight, Six to Ten
Dealer: BLACKVETTE04 has two pair, Sevens and Deuces

LMAO - what a fricking legend :rofl:

jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Total posts
Pardon the ignorance but what does that mean?

= What an absolutely awesome person who deserves recognition fit for a legendarily awesome person (as he was all-in with 72 :cool: (facing 2 other players:confused::cool:))

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Total posts
Awards
= What an absolutely awesome person who deserves recognition fit for a legendarily awesome person (as he was all-in with 72 :cool: (facing 2 other players:confused::cool:))

sniff, sniff -- I detect the subtle hint of Sarcasm. Got it.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
definitely need better hh , lol . you didn't say the guy that made the $200 bet only had $480 stack . makes a difference .

Dealer: Steveg1976 raises 1480 to 1760 and is all-in I shoved all my chips in here to let the other player know that I had it covered, but I didn't mind a call as at this point I figured to have the best hand

at this point you had the nuts , I would have just called the all in without reraise to suck the other guy in for the $280 before I bet big on the river.
you got the best deal but you can't count on a donk call like that very often. jmo

beechleaf

beechleaf

Rock Star
Total posts
for me an open end str8 draw I need too call the turn and the river only because I have been burned by chasers in same matter when I flopped top two pair