Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournament: $80 Local Buy In with plenty of recreational players

Hand: 8♣6♣ Position: BB Stack: 68,000 (34bbs) Blinds: 1000/2000 20 min
Stacks: MP1 (48,000 EF) BTN (80,000)

Notes: MP1 has been passive aggressive playing and raising 70% of hands and has raised player on the flop and turn about 4 times without seeing a showdown. BTN is passive and calls a bit
Pot: 3000

Action Preflop: MP1 limps, BTN calls, Hero(BB) checks
Pot: 7,000

FLOP: 8♥ 3♠ 5♣

Action Flop: Hero bets 4000, MP1 raises to 11,000, BTN folds, Hero calls?
Pot: 29,000

Turn: J♦

Action Turn: I check and she shoves 35,000 into 29,000. I fold

Questions
How would you play this hand?
I was thinking that any club on the turn I may shove? Not sure
Thanks

J

johnltakacs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded after the fop raise for two reasons; first anytime you catch yourself saying if I hit this on the turn to anything other than a check...you should probably fold, and second the reraise alone should be an indication you're beat unless you have a killer read...what would they reraise you with bottom pair?....not to say I haven't called bets of people leading off, but I would never lead off bet here and then call a reraise. With top pair terrible kicker without a sure read.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
On this flop I actually would not have bet out. On this flop when you are betting out its looks like you are betting the 8 or a draw to me. He could have an over pair or the same pair better kicker. Also you said he had been re raising on the flop and I would not want to bet and have to fold to his raise and lose my equity in this pot. I would have check called the flop and see what developed on the turn. Once he raises I would have made the fold as what an I beating but the flush draw at this point.

On the turn you had an easy fold.