$8.8 NLHE MTT Turbo: $4.4+4.4 NLHE MTT Turbo: BB Ace - All In or Fold?

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
14 players left in a $4.40 + $4.40 Add On Satellite with top 3 places getting an $88 PKO ticket and fourth getting $72 cash. Push or fold territory for everyone it seems and all players are being nitty. Had I been earlier to act I'd have probably pushed, but I was BB and two players before me pushed. Both were nitty players 14 and 18 respectively on my HUD for VPIP.

When the short stack pushed I thought I'd call it, but when the second did I was worried one of the two probably had a higher kicker on the Ace or a pocket. Worst case both an Ace and a higher kicker for one, and a pocket for the other, leaving me really struggling.

So I chose to fold, 8 is a decent kicker but I didn't fancy it against two others - and both players actually were playing K high. I would have been the leader by far, and my cards came too.

Oh well. I still think I made the right call in folding despite misreading what the other players had . . . or do you think it was the wrong call?

888Poker, $4 + $0.40 - Hold'em No Limit - 500/1,000 (100 ante) - 7 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 17,311 (17 bb)
MP: 6,480 (6 bb)
MP+1: 20,870 (21 bb)
CO: 3,600 (4 bb)
BU: 11,240 (11 bb)
SB: 6,620 (7 bb)
BB (Hero): 9,420 (9 bb)

Pre-Flop: (2,200) Hero is BB with A 8
3 players fold, CO raises to 3,500 (all-in), BTN 3-bets to 11,140 (all-in), 1 fold, BB (Hero) folds

Flop: (9,200) 8 T A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (9,200) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (9,200) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 9,200

Showdown:
BU shows K Q (high card, Ace - higher kicker)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 73%, Flop: 86%, Turn: 93%, River: 100%)

CO shows K 5 (high card, Ace)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 27%, Flop: 14%, Turn: 7%, River: 0%)

BU wins 9,200

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, its a close spot, but avoiding to call, when multible opponents have already moved in, is never going to be to much of a mistake. So if unsure just press that fold button and try to find a spot, where you have fold equity to pick up chips. This time you would have gotten it in good and won the hand, but you did not know that, when you folded.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a relatively easy fold unless the re raising villain is a maniac. You have A8 which could easily be ahead of the villain jamming 3.5 BBs but it still could be behind. Not too worried about that but it is 1/3rd of our stack at this point. Secondly, you have a re raiser that with 11 BBs shouldnt be too enamored getting in (with opponents still to act behind them) a hand like A4. My thinking would be re raising villain has a KQ type hand at worst which you are 60% ish against or has a larger ace/pocket pair. If the pocket pair was 77 or below you flip which is great in this spot but I really think this is a hand that is ahead of yours most of the time in some way shape or form. Its better to fold here and try to jam a hand when you get it heads up. I would rather jam 107 off knowing I am going against one opponent than jam A10 off even when I know I am going against two opponents. I understand one opponent is small stacked but its still better to wait imo.

Im editing this because I did not watch the replayer all the way through until just now. Not a bad prediction of KQ lol

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy fold. You don’t have a lot of chips but the % of the time you’re winning is not worth calling off. You still have enough chips to shove and take blinds. Much better opportunities imp

Folding in Poker