77 early in large $1 mtt vs. 3 all ins

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars Game #13841787422: Tournament #69509910, $1.00+$0.10 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2007/12/13 - 19:17:27 (ET)
Table '69509910 195' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: Redwine4us (4320 in chips)
Seat 2: cajunbanker (920 in chips)
Seat 3: GodsMaker (1920 in chips)
Seat 4: sarbooneia (1200 in chips)
Seat 5: frasa61 (500 in chips)
Seat 6: jcat03233 (40 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 7: Casper6873 (200 in chips)
Seat 8: Cpt_Yaourt (2575 in chips)
Seat 9: Det_Jimmy (3125 in chips)
Redwine4us: posts small blind 15
cajunbanker: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Det_Jimmy [7s 7d]
GodsMaker: folds
sarbooneia: calls 30
frasa61: calls 30
jcat03233: folds
Casper6873: folds
Cpt_Yaourt: folds
Det_Jimmy: calls 30
Redwine4us: calls 15
cajunbanker: raises 890 to 920 and is all-in
sarbooneia: calls 890
frasa61: calls 470 and is all-in
Det_Jimmy: ???
Redwine4us:

The only reads I have on anyone is everyone is very loose preflop.

I'm wondering if I should push all in,call, or fold.I still have Redwine4us to act behind me,but I have the others covered well.

Just curious,what would you guys do in this situation?I'll post results late tomorrow.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm, easy fold. Why call off a third of your stack with 77 with 3 all-ins? What range do you put the three on, and can you realistically think you're ahead or even a coinflip? I can't think of any way to justify this call. Fold.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insta-fold. You have a decent stack and there is no need to go throwing chips away on this hand.

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definatly fold, with 4 people all-in in the pot you would pretty much garuntee a loss without trips.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two all-ins and a caller = fold.
Your behind here, IMO your up against an overpair, Ax(weak) and Ax(strong)

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
judging by your stack size, you have some sort of an advantage over the players at the table. so why go coin-flipping against 3 others? if it were just 1, then maybe it would be worth it (if you feel like gambling), but 3? just fold.

soccerfreakjj10

soccerfreakjj10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as everybody else said, fold fold fold fold fold :)

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to upload the converted file here to make it easier on the eyes,but couldn't figure out how:rolleyes:.

Anyhow,here's the results in plain text.

PokerStars Game #13841787422: Tournament #69509910, $1.00+$0.10 Hold'em
No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2007/12/13 - 19:17:27 (ET)
Table '69509910 195' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: Redwine4us (4320 in chips)
Seat 2: cajunbanker (920 in chips)
Seat 3: GodsMaker (1920 in chips)
Seat 4: sarbooneia (1200 in chips)
Seat 5: frasa61 (500 in chips)
Seat 6: jcat03233 (40 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 7: Casper6873 (200 in chips)
Seat 8: Cpt_Yaourt (2575 in chips)
Seat 9: Det_Jimmy (3125 in chips)
Redwine4us: posts small blind 15
cajunbanker: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Det_Jimmy [7s 7d]
GodsMaker: folds
sarbooneia: calls 30
frasa61: calls 30
jcat03233: folds
Casper6873: folds
Cpt_Yaourt: folds
Det_Jimmy: calls 30
Redwine4us: calls 15
cajunbanker: raises 890 to 920 and is all-in
sarbooneia: calls 890
frasa61: calls 470 and is all-in
Det_Jimmy: folds
Redwine4us: folds
*** FLOP *** [7c Ah 6c]
*** TURN *** [7c Ah 6c] [Tc]
*** RIVER *** [7c Ah 6c Tc] [7h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
cajunbanker: shows [As Ts] (two pair, Aces and Tens)
sarbooneia: shows [3c Ac] (a flush, Ace high)
sarbooneia collected 840 from side pot
frasa61: shows [Kh 3d] (a pair of Sevens)
sarbooneia collected 1560 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2400 Main pot 1560. Side pot 840. | Rake 0
Board [7c Ah 6c Tc 7h]
Seat 1: Redwine4us (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: cajunbanker (big blind) showed [As Ts] and lost with two pair,
Aces and Tens
Seat 3: GodsMaker folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: sarbooneia showed [3c Ac] and won (2400) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 5: frasa61 showed [Kh 3d] and lost with a pair of Sevens
Seat 6: jcat03233 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Casper6873 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Cpt_Yaourt folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Det_Jimmy (button) folded before

As you can see,I did fold it for the same reasons most of you guys came up with.I know we're not results orientated,but damn!Don't you hate it when that happens:).

It was like a rollercoaster of emotions watching this hand unfold.

On the flop I was thinking "Damn,I woulda had a set,but it prolly won't hold up to the 4 flush anyway."

On the turn I was thinking "See,good thing you layed it down Jimmy."

On the river I was thinking "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkk."

Anyway I knew perhaps I had made the right move,but needed to make sure.Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

In the future I will try to convert before posting.I figured out how to start a new thread with the converter,but not how to post a reply to my OP.If anyone could explain it to me in layman's terms,that would be great.

soccerfreakjj10

soccerfreakjj10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fortunately for you, I just remember that if you had called the board would have been different because their card randomizer uses your preflop actions to determine what comes out on the flop.

You made a smart laydowjn,do not worry about it:)

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you can see,I did fold it for the same reasons most of you guys came up with.I know we're not results orientated,but damn!Don't you hate it when that happens:).

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

In the future I will try to convert before posting.I figured out how to start a new thread with the converter,but not how to post a reply to my OP.If anyone could explain it to me in layman's terms,that would be great.

You said it yourself (see bold) so no need to point it out. Easy fold, don't think twice about it.

Oh, and I didn't really read your post... I used my random answer generator to come up with "fold", so no thanks needed.:D

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fortunately for you, I just remember that if you had called the board would have been different because their card randomizer uses your preflop actions to determine what comes out on the flop.

Yes,I know it was the right thing to do.I just wanted to run it by everyone here to get some fresh perspective on it.Perhaps someone would have found good reason to call here that I never would have thought of.

I consider myself a pretty decent tournament player,but I'm sure I have some leaks to fix.I figure if I post enough hands here that I second guess myself on I may spot them quicker.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i think the same thing and it makes me feel better for about 13 seconds before i thing dammit, i cant even fall for my own lie

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found due to online poker being rigged that anyone that has 77 against 3 or more all-ins will get quads every other time so it's and easy call for me.

How can you even think about folding here.

soccerfreakjj10

soccerfreakjj10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found due to online poker being rigged that anyone that has 77 against 3 or more all-ins will get quads every other time so it's and easy call for me.

I was thinking the same thing, but was trying to keep this little secret to myself! as soon as everybody finds out then they will either change or games will get harder!!!

So keep quite, or else... :)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I saw those disappointing results at the flop, and then the river, I was gonna suggest that a call was in order. You have the stack to do it, you know that even this early the 2 all-ins before you are probably in the early stages of panic mode, and your risk seems limited. Compared to the possible reward the risks are justified IMO here.

The fold was only a good decision in the sense that you are showing self control, which hopefully paid of for you.

AGAIN, IMHO.

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

How can you even think about folding here.

Please post your "RIGGED ANALYZER" techniques for all of us as this breakthrough in online poker is what we've all been anxiously waiting for.:D

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I saw those disappointing results at the flop, and then the river, I was gonna suggest that a call was in order. You have the stack to do it, you know that even this early the 2 all-ins before you are probably in the early stages of panic mode, and your risk seems limited. Compared to the possible reward the risks are justified IMO here.

The fold was only a good decision in the sense that you are showing self control, which hopefully paid of for you.

AGAIN, IMHO.

Now this was something I was looking for.I was thinking of calling based on the pot odds,my stack vs. theirs,and the fact that it was a $1 donkament.I did choose to fold because it was early and I was outplaying the others at the table pretty good.

Anyway thank you for a different POV.If I had it to do all over again I would still most likely fold.Pretty much I wanted to know if anyone would have played it differently.

BTW in the long run it did work out ok.I managed to take 23rd out of 2200+.

J

jsi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, see this thread for fun:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/lol-unfrigginreal-92887/

Note that all 3 players hit a set by the turn. And then the river...

In your situation, i'm not calling with anything less than AA, KK, QQ. JJ or even TT if i'm feeling punk lucky.

What I like about this multi-way all in madness, is that in a 3-4-5way all-in, you often get several players with AK, AQ, A-rag, KQ etc. And they cancel each other out, ie reduce the chance of hitting their pair, since half are already accounted for. Even better of course if you have KK or QQ, lol. But i've never actually ran this through a odds calc so take it fwiw... I'd be curious though on the odds of lower pair (JJ or lower) vs say... AK vs AQ vs KQ all at once.

A

al_manadi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
easy fold.

the only way you could call this is if you dont really care that much and know that you're more than likely up against some big hands. this would be a huge gamble, and a bad one.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call if you have a good pattern mapper, fold if you do not. Easy.

BTW, against such trashy hands you have 40% equity, but give the guy with K3 KJ instead and you're a few % behind him. Give the A3 guy 22 and you are actually semi-flipping with the three guys having overcards. So I'd say it is a pretty easy fold unless you have good reads that this is never an overpair (wich is impossible). Shoving might be an option if you're willing to gamboooool.