* * Hero raises to 600
* * BTN calls [350]
* * Potsize: 1450
Turn:
* * 7♣
* * Hero bets [545, and is all in]

The results have been hidden.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

The BTN is a loose player who has picked up big pots from some awful play by earlier opponants. He made several flop bets similar to this which were raised by other players which then caused him to fold. I dont fancy shoving the K7o as I dont belive it to be worth it. I really dont put him on any hand so the raise here is good and enough to but him off the draw. I hate my turn bet and know now that a check would've been a much better play. Or am I wrong here?

Thanks again guys.

(this was the game from thread https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/what-do-26-token-158124/#post1261137)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With your M I'm shoving this preflop 99% of the time.

With the potsize you should be shoving this on the flop.

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are committed to put the rest of your money in after the c/r, no way you get away at that point.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop it depends on how the table has played whether I shove this pre.

On the flop I'm checkraising all in 90% of the time, open-shoving the other 10% when I'm not certain he's going to bet. There's no reason to have any chips in your stack by the time the turn comes given your stack size, blind size, pot size.

M

MaxiRodriguez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the responses guys.

I appreciate that on that flop im going to have to go AI, due to the chips on the table, I was suprised at the play at this level, one example, Blinds 25/50 player with 20BBs open shoved KTo anyway. The BTN was a loose caller and had profited from calling such plays, therefore he mighta called anyway. But I'm just a little annoyed that I had to go out by my own poor play. If I'd have shoved, there would be no such doubt.

I'll be back! lol.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With your M I'm shoving this preflop 99% of the time.

With the potsize you should be shoving this on the flop.

With the blinds at 50/100 your shoving preflop with K7 off when your M is at least 8?

MY OH MY!?!?!?!

While 8 isn't a happy M, is also is not a desperate M. Certainly not desperate enuf for a weak unsuited K shove at full tilt. IMO anyway.

You saw the flop free, and hit. If there was a time to shove, the flop bet should have been that time. You are mainly worried about villain holding a Ten, less worried about him holding AK, as he would likely have raised PF, but another Kx is possible. The 2 clubs mean you might want to think about doing what you can to encourage your villain not to chase the flush, but that may be impossible. He's the big stack, and loose, and may be feeling invincible.

Shoving with the 2 pair, against the flush draw is always scary. Praying for the boat becomes awkward.

Personally I think C/call the flop, rather than your C/Raise, then re-evaluate. Them pesky clubs provide a nasty dilemma.

So you're sitting there with 2 pair against the FD, and you are stuck. Plain and simple. 3 times out of 4 he isn't sitting there with clubs.

You might have thought about a small teaser bet, enough to try to fool him into thinking you hit your flush, and were betting for value, but you sort of blew that line with your C/R which screamed you hit something
like trips or the K.

Destiny was at play here, and I'm don't know if there was any profitable way to play this hand short of having sat out the hand and looking at it when you got back........;)

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have gone allin after the bet on the flop from your opponent...

You have a very small stack behind, so put them over the line there...

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the blinds at 50/100 your shoving preflop with K7 off when your M is at least 8?

Yepper, the BTN with this read is playing ATC and K7o is 55-45 against ATC.