$.75 NLHE MTT: Should I have played this slower?

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
US
Should I have slow played here? BB was pretty tight but SB was pretty loose They both called PF. I was betting for value here but everyone folded. Should I have given a free card on the flop? I thought one of them would have had a K that they called with PF.

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

NL Holdem $0.71+$0.07 (450.00BB)
HERO ($53065)
MP ($41636)
HJ ($39847)
CO ($64137)
BTN ($99124)
SB ($33003)
BB ($49844)

Dealt to Hero: T J

HERO Raises To $1184, MP Folds, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Calls $900, BB Calls $675

Hero SPR on Flop: [8.4 effective]
Flop ($3788): 7 9 K
SB Checks, BB Checks, HERO Bets $900 (Rem. Stack: $50981), SB Folds, BB Folds

HERO wins: $3788

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I would have bet larger on the flop. They are not going to continue with their A4 of spades to any betsize on K97 all hearts. But if they have a heart or a K, they are continuing just as much, if you bet 2.000, as if you bet 900, and you get more value. If you are going to check back a flush, you should do it with the nut flush, because its less vulnarable to get outdrawn. Also if you have the nut flush, they can not have the nut flushdraw, so there are less hands, that can call a bet, which increase the value of inducing bluffs.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
US
I would have bet larger on the flop. They are not going to continue with their A4 of spades to any betsize on K97 all hearts. But if they have a heart or a K, they are continuing just as much, if you bet 2.000, as if you bet 900, and you get more value. If you are going to check back a flush, you should do it with the nut flush, because its less vulnarable to get outdrawn. Also if you have the nut flush, they can not have the nut flushdraw, so there are less hands, that can call a bet, which increase the value of inducing bluffs.
Gotcha. Thanks!

T

trent32la

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Agree w/ fundiver, on this flop I would size 2/3rd pot especially at this stack depth with your entire betting range.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Total posts
What I've learned in this situation is that if nobody calls to a bet on the flop, it's most likely the result would have been the same on turn. So pray someone has top pair or flush draw, and go for it on the flop to get the maximum value possible with such a powerful hand.