$75 NLHE MTT Rebuy: I believe I played this hand wrong...

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did another live MTT yesterday. Was doing well for most of the day.

I get pocket Tens & 3 bet with at least 4 more to act after me. 4th player goes all-in. I put her on a higher pocket pair so I fold.

Looking back at it, I think I should have called. I think this hand ultimately may have cost me a cash that day.

Later in the tournament I 3 bet QJs and she goes all in again. I call this time. She turns up pocket eights. :mad:

She flops a set & I get a J. She gets quads on the river & I am sent packing. :(

I ended up finishing 22nd or 23rd out of 100+. I can't seem to get to the final table. I get to final 2 or 3 tables then go home.

C

CrossedLine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When in the tournament was the first instance? Early? Late? No idea who player was? Stack sizes? I'm sorry, but I'd almost definitely fold, especially early on. Chalk it up to a loss and take note of the player. As for the second time, again curious about where the bubble was and what had happened before, but I doubt i could call with QJs.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When in the tournament was the first instance? Early? Late? No idea who player was? Stack sizes? I'm sorry, but I'd almost definitely fold, especially early on. Chalk it up to a loss and take note of the player. As for the second time, again curious about where the bubble was and what had happened before, but I doubt i could call with QJs.
Late. The QJ hand wasn't much later.
I had her covered for the TT hand. It was about even stacks on the QJ hand. Both hands I was the first to act and I bet 3x BB ($9k & $12k)

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may be way off here but I am having trouble following your line once she shoves and you fold a mid pair when you had her stacked, then you call another shove with Q high for your tourney life?
It seems inconsistent to me is there a piece I am missing were you both short stacked in the latter instance?

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may be way off here but I am having trouble following your line once she shoves and you fold a mid pair when you had her stacked, then you call another shove with Q high for your tourney life?
It seems inconsistent to me is there a piece I am missing were you both short stacked in the latter instance?
If he has 3-bet then he is probably getting maybe 2to1 odds on the call there so he should probably call and maybe same sort of thing for first hand.
It is hard to tell without knowing what kind of structure it is but I would guess it is sort of Turbo or whatever like the tournaments here are like that cost that much to play in.:dontknow:

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean I call pretty wide but can't see how QJs is a call. Reads would help.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a CSI of about 8 when I shoved on the QJs

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he has 3-bet then he is probably getting maybe 2to1 odds on the call there so he should probably call and maybe same sort of thing for first hand.
It is hard to tell without knowing what kind of structure it is but I would guess it is sort of Turbo or whatever like the tournaments here are like that cost that much to play in.:dontknow:
Levels last 20 minutes. $75 buy-in. Final table gets paid.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Seeing as how you 3bet pre, I'm assuming you had a somewhat playable stack.

Seems to me like you were just tilted from laying down the 10s. But this is a common mistake for mtt players. Make it that deep and try to luckbox a ft stack. Just seems like you lost patience here so if you're looking for advice...The 1010 couldve been the right laydown but dont lose patience near the money just bc you made a questionable laydown. Don't 3bet QJs late if you still have a playable stack and just 3b ai if you're ss'ed.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing as how you 3bet pre, I'm assuming you had a somewhat playable stack.

Seems to me like you were just tilted from laying down the 10s. But this is a common mistake for mtt players. Make it that deep and try to luckbox a ft stack. Just seems like you lost patience here so if you're looking for advice...The 1010 couldve been the right laydown but dont lose patience near the money just bc you made a questionable laydown. Don't 3bet QJs late if you still have a playable stack and just 3b ai if you're ss'ed.
I wasn't on tilt. The quad 8s player was going all in a lot. I felt I had a better hand. I was wrong.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wasn't on tilt. The quad 8s player was going all in a lot. I felt I had a better hand. I was wrong.

How can you put her on a worse hand when you're holding QJs??? You just laid down 1010 to her bc you said you thought she had a better hand lol.

If you honestly thought she was worse then you're definitely missing some information itt.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you put her on a worse hand when you're holding QJs??? You just laid down 1010 to her bc you said you thought she had a better hand lol.

If you honestly thought she was worse then you're definitely missing some information itt.
You don't get great hands every other hand. She was shoving A LOT. I made my stand with the wrong hand. Can't win em all. Next time I won't shove w/such a hand. Live & learn.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you add stack sizes you will get much more useful criticism

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you sure you should be playing 75 rebuys? I'm not.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol read it as .75 haha

B

beerzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any reads on the player?
Aw 3 bet from ep and a 4bet shove it's a signal of strongness you were at best flipping to AQs+...
Std fold imo

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any reads on the player?
Aw 3 bet from ep and a 4bet shove it's a signal of strongness you were at best flipping to AQs+...
Std fold imo
This was the 1st time I played w/her, but at that point she was shoving an awful lot. What I should have done was call her all-in when I had TT instead of folding it. I may have knocked her out & not been in the QJ situation.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands