$75 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Call all-in with A6s with players yet to act?

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live MTT re-buy till after 3rd level. Over 100 entrants. This hand happened with 2 tables left. I ended up being the bubble boy.

Blinds are $4k & $8k at this point. No antes. 6 handed table

UTG shoves $65k or so in chips. He had been shoving a lot with hands such as 910 suited, A2 offsuit, etc. This time he shoves with 34s. I'm UTG+1 & I call with my A6s as I am the short stock with around $40k. Folds to BB (He has UTG well covered). He goes into the tank for a few minutes & calls. He flips over AKc.

Nothing on the flop, King on the turn & nothing on the river. AK player knocks us both out. I'm out in 11th as the bubble boy. :mad:

I play to win the whole thing, not just make it to the money. My read of the UTG shove was right. Guess I just picked a bad time to join the party with the AK being dealt.

Was I right or wrong to call here?

In all honestly, I should have been knocked out a few hands before this. I was in SB with about $25k left with blinds at $3k & $6k. I had 34 offsuit & went all-in. Same guy that was UTG in the above hand calls me (Has me well covered & a no brainer for him if he has cards IMO) He flips over 910 offsuit. I figure I'm done and I hit a wheel on the river. :eek:

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, too many players left to act that could wake up with AJ and some GAMBOOOL.
Also ICM factors in....not that we have every stack size but...
EZ fold imho.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, too many players left to act that could wake up with AJ and some GAMBOOOL.
Also ICM factors in....not that we have every stack size but...
EZ fold imho.
Well, you can see that I had 5 BBs left & I could go less than 4 rounds before blinding out.
Everyone left had me well covered.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a fold, might need to ICM it to be sure but I'd fold here.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep I agree with a fold and then just shove ATC next hand. Fold equity is your friend.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep I agree with a fold and then just shove ATC next hand. Fold equity is your friend.
Are you saying shove ATC next hand assuming no one before me shoves or even if someone shoves before me again?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was the structure really fast? How are you allowing yourself to be so short stacked?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh...to answer your question, this is a snap call with A7.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
20 minute levels.

Yeah i play tourneys like this. The trick is to get to shove fold mode with around 15 BBs left. Just put pressure on people big time, they hate calling off their stack.

I had a guy fold 1010 Blind v blind with me cos I shoved on the bubble.