T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

I was really proud of how I played this hand and I owe it to you fine folks in this forum. I was tempted to bet that flop but decided against it because that's kind of turning my hand into a bluff which would be dumb with KK. I resisted and just checked that A because what did my 3bet PF get called by? Could easily be an A in one of their ranges. Checks around to the river where someone takes a shot. I only called because he is not calling a raise unless he is beating me even though I think an A would have bet earlier. He would fold unless he is beating KK so what's the point of betting here, right?

So I think I played this correctly! Your insights are appreciated.

NL Holdem $0.71+$0.07 (190.00BB)
HERO ($51939)
SB ($50040)
BB ($48183)
UTG ($49044)
HJ ($49975)
CO ($48768)

Dealt to Hero: K K

UTG Raises To $405, HJ Calls $380, CO Folds, HERO Raises To $1640, SB Folds, BB Folds, UTG Calls $1235, HJ Calls $1235

Hero SPR on Flop: [8.98 effective]
Flop ($5280): 5 A Q
UTG Checks, HJ Checks, HERO Checks

Turn ($5280): 5 A Q 8
UTG Checks, HJ Checks, HERO Checks

River ($5280): 5 A Q 8 8
UTG Bets $1320 (Rem. Stack: $46084), HJ Calls $1320 (Rem. Stack: $47015), HERO Calls $1320 (Rem. Stack: $48979)

UTG shows: K Q
HJ shows: 9 9

HERO wins: $9240

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Obviously a standard 3-bet, and your sizing looks good as well.

Flop
I like checking back this flop for pot control especially against two opponents.

Turn
When they both check to you again, they very much cap their range, so I would make a delayed continuation bet now for value and protection. There are two flushdraws now, that can call, and you can also get called by a Q. No need to bomb the pot, but you can go for up to 40%.

River
As played I am also just calling, especially when the other guy has already called.

Conclusion
Its good, that you did not overplay your cowboys postflop, but I think, you missed a little bit of value by not getting in that delayed C-bet on the turn.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Preflop
Obviously a standard 3-bet, and your sizing looks good as well.

Flop
I like checking back this flop for pot control especially against two opponents.

Turn
When they both check to you again, they very much cap their range, so I would make a delayed continuation bet now for value and protection. There are two flushdraws now, that can call, and you can also get called by a Q. No need to bomb the pot, but you can go for up to 40%.

River
As played I am also just calling, especially when the other guy has already called.

Conclusion
Its good, that you did not overplay your cowboys postflop, but I think, you missed a little bit of value by not getting in that delayed C-bet on the turn.

Almost perfect 🤣

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much to add that hasn't been said already. Pre-flop betting was appropriate- you wanna make the pocket pairs pay to draw a set and Ax pay to draw to the ace. All too often people will make their 3 bet way too small which accomplishes nothing. You wouldn't mind one of them folding PF, but they have paid to play.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played it great. Nice hand!

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice hand, well played. The way you played it, you won the most value that you could with an ace on the flop considering nobody had the ace, and also if one of them slow played an ace you wouldn't have lost much and you would have been ok. Nicely done :)

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think well played - how I would have proceeded I think. It is amazing to me how KK seems to have a magnetic attraction to drawing aces to the top of the deck so they can be flopped.