72 off in BB good enough?

thekazh

thekazh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a hand from the wsop freeroll weekly final at pokerstars and Im just curious how you guys work this one out...

First I can mention that everybody was playing pretty tight.

PokerStars Game #17828652782: Tournament #84389982, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2008/05/31 - 20:45:53 (ET)
Table '84389982 186' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: DaPretzel (6470 in chips)
Seat 2: NiceBoat (3870 in chips)
Seat 3: unabomber342 (6545 in chips)
Seat 4: masterle1 (4725 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 5: placeurbetts (5865 in chips)
Seat 6: death6969er (8460 in chips)
Seat 7: -Gipzy- (7500 in chips)
Seat 8: Corson27 (4225 in chips)
Seat 9: Goldfinger54 (7005 in chips)
death6969er: posts small blind 50
-Gipzy-: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to -Gipzy- [7h 2d]
Corson27: calls 100
Goldfinger54: folds
DaPretzel: calls 100
NiceBoat: calls 100
unabomber342: folds
masterle1: folds
placeurbetts: calls 100
death6969er: calls 50
-Gipzy-: checks
*** FLOP *** [4h 2h 2s]
death6969er: bets 200
-Gipzy-: raises 500 to 700
Corson27: folds
DaPretzel: folds
NiceBoat: calls 700
placeurbetts: folds
death6969er: calls 500
*** TURN *** [4h 2h 2s] [8d]
death6969er: checks
NiceBoat: bets 500
death6969er: calls 500
-Gipzy-: calls 500
*** RIVER *** [4h 2h 2s 8d] [5d]
death6969er: checks
NiceBoat: bets 2570 and is all-in
death6969er: folds
-Gipzy- ???

I felt pretty strong on the flop but 2 players calling my raise and "Niceboat" betting the turn made me worry about 44...
...I would appreciate your opinion on this hand, did I play it wrong?
I will post what actually happend after I get som response

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm probably shoving post flop, shoving or check/shoving the turn with bottom set, but if I play it as you did I'm calling the allin.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm probably shoving post flop, shoving or check/shoving the turn with bottom set, but if I play it as you did I'm calling the allin.

^ this.

I know "don't go broke in an unraised pot", but this is a freeroll - you're more likely to see A8 or something than 44 here.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did you check the turn? I would have liked to see another large bet here, possibly a push.
But as played, I would call this also.

THe Slob

THe Slob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd call. As Dorkus said, "it is a freeroll".

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's try something useful here:

First I can mention that everybody was playing pretty tight.

Huh, what? Not much 'tight' on the HH you post, maybe passive??? There are 5 limpers, on a 9 handed tbl. How is that remotely tight???? Looks like a lot of players wanna see a flop, right? No where close to a tight tbl, imo...

Ok, you get the worst hole cards in a BB special, family pot, OOP, but check your option, which I'm fine with, wtf, see the 'free' flop and be planning to bail, asap. Oops, that's how I would play this.

Let's rewind, you have 72o, or seven duey offsoot, in the BB, where you have 5 limpers, on a 'tight' tbl, lol, UNRAISED limped pot. Check your BB special and see a flop, right?

Could I ask what are your expectation here? Seriously.

[7d 7s7c]
[2h 2s 2c]

Are the best flops possible, right? You can do the permutation of the 7 and 2 on your own.

And here is where it gets interesting. Flop:

[4h 2h 2s]

The SB, who has you covered, makes another 'tight' bet, the 2XBB bet in worst position, into what a ~600 pot? Strong move, there, from the SB, right? What do you think they have? A better 2, you do have kicker issues?

What do you do? Raise 2.5 the weak bet? wtf is that????

Bang that HARD, or just fold, to the weak bet. The rest of the hand analysis, will be lost on you.

Hint, you have 5 limpers, the chances they have a 2, or a 4, is slim....

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a freeroll CALL. If you win it gives you a nice stack. If you lose, try again next week. I hit the top 50 in this freeroll(have yet to play the finals). You won't believe the crap people went all in on.

thekazh

thekazh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
p0K35 I dont know if its intentionally that youre being rude or if its just your nature.

However what I meant with tight was that off course this is a freeroll and what kind of plays do you see in a freeroll? Q2 calling allin on AK2 flop for an example. This was NOT one of those freerolls and the most fish players allready were long gone, people tend to play a little tighter when its a $12.500 WSOP package in the pot.

The reason that I posted this hand was that it took me more than a minute to call, and I was just curious if you guys thought this one was an instantcall.

I called and NiceBoat showed AK hearts !!!??? I dont know if thats a tight flatcall preflop or just plain stupidity since "the hammer" (7-2) sent him out of the tourney.

I dont know it might have been my WSOP-dreams that made me so unsure of where i stood in this hand. The biggest mistake I did in this hand was checking the turn but since I didn´t wanna put all my chips in there with 7-2 I thought that giving a free river could save from potential disaster cause when you think about what kind of hands would call my flop re-raise?
a flushdraw, a straightdraw a 4 or maybe even another deuce and since I still had 2 opponents on the turn I could be facing 15 outs for flush or straight, 2 outs for 4´s, a total of 17 outs and the small risk that I might allready be dominated.

Thanks for your response, but I would appreciate if mr.p0K35 could take a little time to choose his words better instead of just coming down on people like he was the best player in the world.

Last week when I played this tourney I lost with K10 in BB against 9´s in SB, flop 10-10-9, with this being said Im not trying to tell people to play your trips weak, Im just saying that when you really dont have a clue where youre standing in a hand the check-button might sometimes be a good/safe option and I know that I´m not the only that has lost a pot with flopped trips right?

Announced

Announced

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lead the turn. Get all-in on the turn hopefully, otherwise push the river.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kahz, I don't read pok35s response the same way you did, I see no rudeness at all.

You got the dream flop, or damn close to the dream flop. SO! what to do with it? I would tend to want to slow play this intending to call any and almost every raise that came along. The flop and turn are nothing to fear. The only hand at the river that you fear are really the 67. Of course there is always the remote possibility that someone has the bigger set, but if so, its another 'That's Poker' moment.

You should give big probabilities to the notion that with a low funky flop, someone with big cards will fire at the pot.

P

p0K35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
p0K35 I dont know if its intentionally that youre being rude or if its just your nature.

Being honest, or trying too.

Kahz, I don't read pok35s response the same way you did, I see no rudeness at all.

Why, thank you