$7 NLHE STT: Getting out of line against a funplayer

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These two hands happened back to back. In the first one I decided to give up easily, because I did not want to get into some kind of huge war with just ace high. When he raised me for a second time in a row however, I really felt, it was beginning to smell like bullshit. So I decided to go all the way, even after an obvious draw completed, and he overbet jammed. Please talk me out of ever doing something like this again :D

CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

Villain HUD-stats in second hand: VPIP 42 / PFR 0 over 12 hands

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These two hands happened back to back. In the first one I decided to give up easily, because I did not want to get into some kind of huge war with just ace high. When he raised me for a second time in a row however, I really felt, it was beginning to smell like bullshit. So I decided to go all the way, even after an obvious draw completed, and he overbet jammed. Please talk me out of ever doing something like this again :D

Villain HUD-stats in second hand: VPIP 42 / PFR 0 over 12 hands

Thank you for Posting

With that VPIP the V can have a lot of small pairs in the BB in hand 1- so a delayed c-bet to try to realize the equity of the AQ -especially if we are going to bet fold here- may be EV+ in this spot. At this level our V play so straight forwardly that they are not forcing us to use MDF.

Hand 2 no way will I ever talk you out of using reads to make calls in spots where the V is screaming get out of the pot with their play.

Well done

:):)

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice hold FD. Those fishes I target often bink a 2 outer on the river - with a hope and a prayer.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice read and great call in the second hand. Everything he did in the last hand indicated a bluff, not a very good one considering he checked both flop and turn, but a very good one at the same time because even if you smell the bluff, with same stack if you're wrong you are out. So takes a lot of courage to call there even if you are almost certain it's a bluff. When I do the hero call it turns out he had pocket 7's and made a full house on the river haha.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to ask you Fundiver for your opinion on a hand, would be grateful for your input. Last night in the cc freeroll we were on the bubble with 42 remaining, first 36 get in the money as you know. I was on 31 position with 9k stack, 400/800 blinds. Everyone folded and I was on the button. Sb was sitting out, and I had A 6 offsuite. My goal in these tournamets is to place as high as possible, not to just to barely get in the money. So my thought process was that although A 6 is not a going all in type of hand, with Bb having 15k stack, I thought if I go and try to steal the blinds by going all in, he would fold because he would have too much to lose on the bubble. If it was a shorter stack than mine, I wouldn't have done it. Maybe my logic is backwords, I don't know.

I wouldn't have minded to get a hero call with something like J Q, K Q or K J, K 10. He snap called with A 4 offsuite. When I first saw his hand I was relieved and packed myself on the back for doing the right thing since a double up here is huge. Next second imediately I thought this seems too good to be true and say no more, a 4 on the river and I'm out.

Was it stupid that I did this? I'm afraid to do it again with such a hand to be honest, every time I try and get creative and cheeky it backfires, even though I don't do it often. I played perfectly untill that spot, usually I get with a bigger stack on the bubble but yesterday I did the most with the cards I was dealt. Choose my spots, played few hands and even though after an hour and a half of play I had just 2k in chips, I eventually got in that position only to end it like that.

Also I'm very curious if his call was correct. In my mind I was wtf, I would not call with that hand, but maybe he thought I just want to steal the blinds with some bad hand, but even so I would not call with A 4 there.