$7 NLHE STT: AK TPTK vs reg post multiway

F

FastandFurious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars $6.37+$0.63 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1366816
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP2: t1500 75 BBs
CO: t1490 74.50 BBs
BTN: t1360 68 BBs
Hero (SB): t1540 77 BBs
BB: t1500 75 BBs
UTG: t1500 75 BBs
UTG+1: t1500 75 BBs
UTG+2: t1610 80.50 BBs
MP1: t1500 75 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is SB with A :heart: K :heart:
UTG calls t20, 3 folds, MP2 raises to t100, 1 fold, BTN calls t100, Hero calls t90, 1 fold, UTG calls t80

Flop: (t420) K :diamond: 6 :diamond: 9 :club: (4 players)
Hero bets t280, UTG folds, MP2 raises to t1400 all in, BTN folds, Hero folds

vs known reg (filtered stats): 3.8/15/6 hands:341

correct fold? I think his range would normally sth like AdQd, AdJd, AK, KK, AA and vs that range we're obv behind.. agree?

L

losched16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, on flops like this, 9/10 times I have no problem getting it in with TPTK. If he does have diamonds, then we are more than a 60% favorite here, so I would be happy to get it all in. Then the question is, is this reg flatting AA or KK preflop. If he is, would he shove the flop or call your raise. Unless I know specifically that a reg would do this, I will not assume that he is trapping preflop with those premium hands. I think you are more likely to see 66 or 99 flip over if you are beat. But again, is he shoving a set on the flop vs calling and shoving the turn. I don't know. I can see it played both ways, though I would probably be more inclined to see a call on the flop from a set rather than shove.
With that said, I am typically not afraid of "monsters under the bed." If you flop a made hand (which TPTK usually is in SNGs), and lose to a set, oh well. A reg may be pushing the flop with a flush draw, thinking he has a lot of FE as you are c-betting and folding all non-king hands, and in this case, a king.
So I would have been ok with getting it all in here.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reg raised preflop, didn't have a chance to re-raise pre..

Since we did donk out, it's more likely a reg will jam with stuff like AQ and diamonds, maybe even Queens and jacks, but usually we're either way behind or we're chopping with a reg whos half decent.

If we're calling pre here with AK and hit our king, i see no reason why we wouldn't just go with it, you may as well just fold preflop if your not happy with this flop.

F

FastandFurious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reg raised preflop, didn't have a chance to re-raise pre..

Since we did donk out, it's more likely a reg will jam with stuff like AQ and diamonds, maybe even Queens and jacks, but usually we're either way behind or we're chopping with a reg whos half decent.

If we're calling pre here with AK and hit our king, i see no reason why we wouldn't just go with it, you may as well just fold preflop if your not happy with this flop.

Jep I think losched16 misread HH a bit..

Yeah I understand ur point.. but like u said either we are way behind or we are chopping, this + consider the pot odds and I think we need to fold..

If the other 2 villains UTG or BTN would have gone AI I'd def. snapcall.. I'd do the same if board came Axx since it's generally less likely he got AA.. or when we flop a big draw I've obv. no problem getting it in.. Only this spot I wasn't sure about.. but no thx I ain't gonna fold preflop ;) :p

L

losched16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ha, I completely misread that hand....sorry about that. Since we donk out, that definitely opens up the reg's shoving range a bit. Regardless of my horrible reading of the hand, still getting it all in.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i agree, i just can't see a fold here once we flop it, like i just don't understand the point of calling preflop if we think he has that tight of a range in the first place. Most of the time we just check/fold our 100 chips, the rest of the time we're either not getting full value when we flop our A/K vs his inferior hand, we chop lots of pots and we're crushed in the others. So yeah, if we call pre, we gotta move those chips post.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3bet pre or check/jam flop