$7 NLHE HU Tourney: turn, call or fold

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian isn't a good player. Do you prefer call or fold turn. Lost so much confidence in my play recently and seem to be getting raped in every spot. Just checking line is fine. Small bet ott was to induce a shove from FD, I mean he has to jam all Xs7x and Xs5x, I figure my range is looking fairly weak and I pretty much have the top of it here, only thing that's improved for me is overcards with a FD. Then again villian has been bad and probably isn't looking past his own cards which is why I preferred calling, but then would bigger bet ott be better?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 7 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t460)
Hero (SB) (t540)

Hero's M: 18.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9
heart.gif
, 9
diamond.gif

Hero bets t40, BB calls t20

Flop: (t80) 7
spade.gif
, 2
club.gif
, 5
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t50, BB calls t50

Turn: (t180) 6
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t75, BB raises to t370 (All-In), Hero calls t295

River: (t920) J
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t920

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could toss a coin here, lean toward calling.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he's a fish and thats a shit card.

I'm a nit though so I probably let it go.. :rolleyes:

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just want to vomit and go and lie on a railway track when he does this tbh. I figured he has too many 7x and 5x with a spade to fold, then again he probably doesn't ship this with those. Then pretty much every draw came in any any draw he now has still has decent equity as he probably has a pair + draw, then add in sets + 2pr which I'm in huge trouble against. A fish check shoves turn on wet board, I think I'm actually leaning towards a fold tbh. I think I can still bet the same ott but for value originally with intentions of folding to a shove rather than trying to induce a shove.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think this is a terrible spot to call off, i think villain is getting to the turn with enough non spade hands to justify calling this off,

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
also i think a bit bigger if you intend on bet/folding turn imo

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Explain please

Doesn't the smaller bet induce some things we beat/have good equity against to jam on us (8x, 8pair, Asx Aspair), where as they would just call a slightly bigger bet (makes it more obvious they have fold equity/we look weak imo). so if we are intending on bet/folding for value, if we adjust so that more hands we beat us just call, and we have even worse equity against his jamming range, and get more value from his wider calling range and folding becomes more clear cut.
You could argue that it doesnt change the ranges at all, but still.

feel free to correct me if this thinking is wrong

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
kind of like the reverse argument for betting small to induce i guess

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(makes it more obvious they have fold equity/we look weak imo)
But they do have less FE when we bet bigger.We need to be good a smaller % of the time to call the shove when villain has p's+draws etc.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But they do have less FE when we bet bigger.We need to be good a smaller % of the time to call the shove when villain has p's+draws etc.

but if we are only betting slightly bigger and they dont jam with as wide a range (and therefore have a slightly stronger and wider calling range), isnt this better for us?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because of the structure villain is prob jamming any combo draw,p's+draw,sets,flushes,st8's,7x,and some air to any size bet.
I see your point now i believe(even though i think if you bet bigger it gets closer to a snap call rather than bet/fold)I still don't mind the bet sizing on the turn though.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience fish are less likely to jam 7Xs, 5Xs, 8x than good players. This makes his range far more weighted to made hands imo. Against this player I think betting small is better because a small bet won't induce him to jam his draws anyway but is going to get max value from all his weak hands. I think bigger folds out his weaker holdings and he plays all his strong holdings the same by check/shoving them. Against a decent player I like betting small to induce from all the draws.

I think I've talked myself into b/f with a small bet being best whilst if I was against a decent player b/c witjh a small bet for different reasons being best.

Folding in Poker