$7.50 NLHE MTT Bounty: Bounty Builder 7.50, 200 left in ITM

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's a villain who played a lot of connected hands like JQ, 9T, 87. I estimate it in that range or Ax, do you think it is profitable to pay here knowing that they are going to flip 90% of the time?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/924Nm81Km

pokerstars, $6.69 + $0.81 - Hold'em No Limit - 1,750/3,500 (550 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

tatarin20 (UTG): 24,420 (7 bb)
Marianex.BJ (UTG+1): 133,579 (38 bb)
rserrano00 (MP): 99,149 (28 bb)
Poker.TL17 (MP+1): 47,558 (14 bb)
joner89255 (LP): 315,729 (90 bb)
D1Sokolov (CO): 93,900 (27 bb)
souhailber (BU): 75,654 (22 bb)
Shelebbrs (SB): 57,227 (16 bb)
LTBVB (BB): 74,766 (21 bb)

Pre-Flop: (10,200) Hero (Marianex.BJ) is UTG+1 with 6 6
tatarin20 (UTG) raises to 23,870 (all-in), Marianex.BJ (UTG+1) 3-bets to 45,500, 2 players fold, joner89255 (LP) 4-bets to 315,179 (all-in), 4 players fold, Marianex.BJ (UTG+1) folds

Flop: (125,070) 8 4 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (125,070) A (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (125,070) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: 125,070

Showdown:
joner89255 (LP) shows 9 T (a pair of Eights)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 41%, Flop: 31%, Turn: 20%, River: 0%)

tatarin20 (UTG) shows K A (two pair, Aces and Eights)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 59%, Flop: 69%, Turn: 80%, River: 100%)

joner89255 (LP) wins 43,260
tatarin20 (UTG) wins 81,810

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even with the bounty in play, I think, you have to many people left to act after you to get involved with a hand as bad as 66, and you also have to many chips. The issue is, that even though you are only risking 7BB against UTG, other people are going to want his bounty as well, and you have up to 38BB at risk against them. If you had like 10-14BB, and it was a very juicy bounty, then maybe there is a case for overjamming and make this the spot, where you make a stand and try to chip up. But with your stack size I would snap fold. Preserving that stack is more important than winning a bounty here and now.

I also dont think your min-raise does anything other than lose you more chips, when the chip leader decides to jam on you. Its not going to deter the shorter stacks from entering the pot, since putting in 7BB would commit them anyway. So if I was forced to get involved here, I would just call and then make a decision based on, who jams on me. Against the chip leader almost certainly folding, against the shorter stacks almost certainly calling.

As played you put in a third of your stack, and the chip leader could certainly be jamming light, so I think, you have to call it off. Its not a great spot, but you are getting 2:1 against him, and you will be flipping more often than dominated. You could even from time to time be ahead of a hand like a suited wheel ace or a smaller pair.

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even with the bounty in play, I think, you have to many people left to act after you to get involved with a hand as bad as 66, and you also have to many chips. The issue is, that even though you are only risking 7BB against UTG, other people are going to want his bounty as well, and you have up to 38BB at risk against them. If you had like 10-14BB, and it was a very juicy bounty, then maybe there is a case for overjamming and make this the spot, where you make a stand and try to chip up. But with your stack size I would snap fold. Preserving that stack is more important than winning a bounty here and now.

I also dont think your min-raise does anything other than lose you more chips, when the chip leader decides to jam on you. Its not going to deter the shorter stacks from entering the pot, since putting in 7BB would commit them anyway. So if I was forced to get involved here, I would just call and then make a decision based on, who jams on me. Against the chip leader almost certainly folding, against the shorter stacks almost certainly calling.

As played you put in a third of your stack, and the chip leader could certainly be jamming light, so I think, you have to call it off. Its not a great spot, but you are getting 2:1 against him, and you will be flipping more often than dominated. You could even from time to time be ahead of a hand like a suited wheel ace or a smaller pair.

Hello, thank you very much for taking the time and responding, it is much appreciated. I think that now seeing the situation well I agree with you, the most convenient thing at that time was to directly fold and avoid any kind of problems, or in any case just call and analyze, however I think my mini raise move was the worst decision that I could take.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the min 3 bet is a big mistake.

Either fold, or flat the UTG all in and hope (very optimistically) that you get to see the flop.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with previous comments. As Sidetracked says, don't make a small 3-bet here -- it's too many chips. Options are to fold, jam, and sometimes flat. Which one we do depends on the size of UTG's bounty. Facing a smaller bounty, I would just fold. If the bounty is large, most of the time I would shove to isolate.

Fundiver is also completely right that we are committed to call off the shove once we make the 3-bet. The pot is too large, we're still eligible for the first bounty, and we're getting great odds for what will often be a flip.

RafaBrewer

RafaBrewer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3bet pré in this position is a mistake. Fold is OK. Shoves is OK too. Just call is Bad.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold here. Wouldn't go in an all in 3 way with pocket 6's. Also too low of a pair to 3 bet. You just hope to see the flop as cheap as possible and make trips, basically. No need to go crazy with it.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I kind of shy away from these bounty events, but when I do play them - I completely disregard the bounty element of the tourney. I know this is not a good strategy - because playing loose to collect the bounties is part of this format, but I've always faired much better just playing straight NLHE - and not concerning myself with the bounty aspect.

That really has nothing to do with your post aside from the PKO aspect, but I just wanted to explain my reasoning.
I never 3bet here with 66s - and it's a good and easy fold to the shove.

How'd you fair at the end of this event?