UTG+1: 12,373 (137 bb)
MP: 3,597 (40 bb)
MP+1: 5,020 (56 bb)
CO: 6,670 (74 bb)
BU: 4,693 (52 bb)
SB: 5,142 (57 bb)
BB (Hero): 4,559 (51 bb)

Pre-Flop: (247) Hero is BB with T 5
UTG raises to 198, 2 players fold, MP+1 calls 198, 2 players fold, SB calls 153, Hero calls 108

Flop: (904) 4 4 2 (4 players)
SB bets 298, Hero calls 298, UTG calls 298, MP+1 folds

Turn: (1,798) 2 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets 1,061, SB folds, Hero raises to 4,049 (all-in), UTG calls 1,632 (all-in)

My stats for him: 40/28/2,5 after 14 hands.

If you were him, what would you call with?

What do you think abut my line?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
On the loose side but probably an ok defend, given our hand is suited, and its only just over a min-raise.

Flop
Kind of awkward spot, when SB leads out. Clearly not folding a flushdraw on the flop, but I probably just call, as you did. Not sure we have enough fold equity against 3 opponents, and we are not drawing to the nuts.

Turn
Normally a dubble paired board is really bad, when we are drawing to a flush or straight, but with the 4 and 2 its kind of unlikely, someone has a boat. SB gives up his betting lead, which is kind of weird on this brick card. UTG most likely has an overpair, which I dont think, he is going to fold on this board. So I agree with checking here and then make a decision, if he bet.

He do in fact bet and somewhat large with more than half pot. If you call, there will be less than a half pot sized bet left for the river, and I dont think, you are getting quite good enough odds to call and draw. Apparently you agree, because you check-jam, but I dont like that line either. I dont think, you have fold equity, and even if you are against a hand like the nut flushdraw, you are still way behind. So in my opinion you are just getting your chips in very bad and hoping to suck out on him.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for what I would call you with as the opponent, I would call with anything, that I took this line with. I would not have a range for putting in half my stack and then fold on the turn. The hands, I would get here with like this, and then stack off, would mainly be overpairs. As the opponent I would not see a tremendous amount of reason to bet the turn even with a hand like the nut flushdraw and certainly not with a random float like KQ or AK.

B

Boo02

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for what I would call you with as the opponent, I would call with anything, that I took this line with. I would not have a range for putting in half my stack and then fold on the turn. The hands, I would get here with like this, and then stack off, would mainly be overpairs. As the opponent I would not see a tremendous amount of reason to bet the turn even with a hand like the nut flushdraw and certainly not with a random float like KQ or AK.

I almost folded it. But I getting started thinking, why he just call at the floop after SB bet it.

Was he scared board? I decided to tell him the story about my 4 or 2 which i set a trap for him. To be honest i was shure that he will fold every over pair and flush draw. I also didn't see hands which he can hold with 2 or 4. Maybe A2s or A4s

OK, I didn't thought about it.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 14/14/1

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 14/14/1

PokerStars, $6.69 + $0.81 - Hold'em No Limit - 45/90 (14 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 3,203 (36 bb)
UTG+1: 12,373 (137 bb)
MP: 3,597 (40 bb)
MP+1: 5,020 (56 bb)
CO: 6,670 (74 bb)
BU: 4,693 (52 bb)
SB: 5,142 (57 bb)
BB (Hero): 4,559 (51 bb)

Pre-Flop: (247) Hero is BB with T 5
UTG raises to 198, 2 players fold, MP+1 calls 198, 2 players fold, SB calls 153, Hero calls 108

Flop: (904) 4 4 2 (4 players)
SB bets 298, Hero calls 298, UTG calls 298, MP+1 folds

Turn: (1,798) 2 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets 1,061, SB folds, Hero raises to 4,049 (all-in), UTG calls 1,632 (all-in)

My stats for him: 40/28/2,5 after 14 hands.

If you were him, what would you call with?

What do you think abut my line?

UTG raises and gets 2 callers
when the sb leads on the flop out at him and he flats calls
the turn 2244
SB and BB give weakness and check to him
making his AK or any overpair more confident that theyr'e ahead
he would bet that amount with either ace or pair
your bluff was actually very bad due to his SPR, half his strack was in already and the board wasn't truly draw heavy either
and he is quite invested and will call with ace high even hoping for a tie now equal chance he has a pair, either way he is calling

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I decided to tell him the story about my 4 or 2 which i set a trap for him.

Other than the fact, he was getting better than 3:1 and needed less than 25% equity to call, the issue with this bluff is, your story is pretty poor. How many hands do you really defend preflop, that has a 2 or 4 in them? Sure there are a few but still not many, especially when we see half of the 2s and 4s on the deck. So just from combinatorics, its way more likely, you have something without a 2 or 4, just like the hand, you actually had.

And second how often do you actually play a 2 or 4 like this? Calling the flop makes sense, sure, especially with a 2, and even a 4 might occationally call as a slowplay. But already here it branches out, because facing that small bet from SB, and with a flushdraw on board, you are probably more likely to raise trips rather than just call and let both players potentially draw out on you for cheap.

And then on the turn, when SB check, how often are you actually check-jamming a full house? Stacks are shallow here, and he does not have the betting lead, so you have no strong reason to assume, he will bet if checked to. So would you not be more likely to take a line of bet turn, jam river, to be sure to get the chips in with your nut hand?

The truth is, that this line is probably pretty much always a bluff, and if he can hand read, he will figure that out. As others have said, some people might even call it off with A high here thinking, that they are often at least chopping with another A high. A high goes way up in value, when the board is dubble paired with rags.