No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
Currency
$
Could you have gotten away here? Game is a 7,5$ "big" MTT on pokerstars, main opponent VPIP 16 / PFR 6 over 16 hands.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A straight wins another straight, better for just one card. Yes, I have seen it too!

RidaPKR

RidaPKR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Your call preflop seems questionable to me especially when UTG raises 3x and shows a lot of strength. Personally, I would fold preflop and probably call if UTG opened raise 2.5x.
I don't like your lead on the flop for a weak draw in a raised pot preflop and I would have gone for a free card.
When the two villains call, I have to be wary. Who has the most Qx and 9x in their range? Probably the player in big bling. The CO player theoretically does not have this range.
On the turn you hit your magic card. When the big blind bets so small, it's definitely a sign of weakness. When CO shoves, he cannot have J9, nor Q9. Your call was good.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your call preflop seems questionable to me especially when UTG raises 3x and shows a lot of strength. Personally, I would fold preflop and probably call if UTG opened raise 2.5x.
I don't like your lead on the flop for a weak draw in a raised pot preflop and I would have gone for a free card.
When the two villains call, I have to be wary. Who has the most Qx and 9x in their range? Probably the player in big bling. The CO player theoretically does not have this range.
On the turn you hit your magic card. When the big blind bets so small, it's definitely a sign of weakness. When CO shoves, he cannot have J9, nor Q9. Your call was good.
Preflop
Raising to 3BB preflop is pretty normal, when stacks are more than 50BB deep. So I dont read this as particularly strong or weak. Most likely this is just the sizing, he uses with his entire range. It is a close decision though, since he did open with 6 players left to act behind him. I guess, I could just fold, but that seems pretty tight, when I have the best seat at the table and a very playable hand. I could also squeeze, but with two field callers I would need to go very large, and if I get 4-bet, I cant call. So I called, because all in all it seemed like the least poor option. KTo would be an easy fold though.

Flop
A lead means betting out of position, and since I was BTN, I can per definition not lead. But I do agree, that my bet is marginal, because the pot is so multiway. Overall i think, checking back is slightly better, especially since I cant handle a raise. In my defense it should be noted though, that everyone had already checked, and except for the guy in the blinds, who naturally checked to the preflop raiser, they have shown weakness by doing so. This is kind of the whole point in playing a wider range from BTN, because we get information, before its our turn to act.

Turn
I agree, that its unlikely, a boat would play like this. So even though its not a snap call, I do think, we need to call here, and the result illustrate why. Its a low buyin, and sometimes people will go on some wild bluff or overplay their hand, as this guy did :)