$65 NLHE MTT: A7s shove

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live MTT. 20 minute levels no re-buys or antes. Blinds start at 50/100 $65 buy in for 20k chips + $5 more if you want the 5k add-on. I, of course, got the add on.

Blinds are 600/1,200 & I have about 10 BBs left. I'm virtually card dead and can;t get a steal to save my life & when I hit a flop, someone else hits it better.

I'm in MP with A7s with 10 BBs left. I shove & the player directly to my left calls. I have her covered by less than 1 BB. Everyone else folds. She flips over KQo.

Standard shove here for me based on my chip count and hand IMO.

She flops a set of kings on me & I am left with less than 1 BB. Next hand I am dealt A4o & toss my chips in. I am sent home.

I don't think my shove was bad here. I think my play is still too tight and I play the cards too much instead of trying to play the players more often.

However, I do make good reads most of the time. I just happen to be beat most of the time and can't catch a break. I don't want to be tossing my chips in knowing I am beat. That's just donking them off.

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer cut off or button for a shove .
2 skools for this ships count / a shove or a usual raise .
in this case maybee a usual raise was better ?

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
missing a lot to get in the money?
your hand is good to make the move, but need to have information the other players, but I think his play was ok, just needed more information from the stacks of the players and how many were still missing for ITM.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
missing a lot to get in the money?
your hand is good to make the move, but need to have information the other players, but I think his play was ok, just needed more information from the stacks of the players and how many were still missing for ITM.
We were far from the money.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't hate the shove, but it also depends on other stack sizes at the table. How many following the shove are able to call light? Has the table been generally loose or generally tight?

Depending on the table, I will sometimes rather take the blind hit in a couple hands and ship from LP with less chips. it's pretty situational, but like I said, I don't hate it ...