$60 NLHE MTT: $Satellite NLHE MTT: Final Table - WSOP Main Event Satellite - Shove or Fold

C

Chrispee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$60 NLHE MTT: $Satellite NLHE MTT: Final Table - WSOP Main Event Satellite - Shove or Fold

Greetings

So I've been playing on ClubGG which charges you a monthly fee and you get to qualify for live events. I've been trying to qualify for the wsop Main through this. The fields are super super soft.

There is a 3 stage Process.

Stage 1 - Multiple Qualifiers (pretty much a mind field of shoving)
Stage 2 - Sit and Go (9 Handed - 1 person gets ticket to stage 3)
*There are multiple table sit and goes buy i played a single table one*
Stage 3 - Tournament (Top 4 get buyins to this years Main Event)

I have at this point successfully made it to the final table of stage 3. Shooting for 1 of the tickets tot he Main.

I haven't really played satty's too much, but know that there is a lot of value in just surviving.

I'm the short stack (5bb). Attached is my screen shot of the hand.

My question is, is this a fold?

I ran it in ICMizer which says shove, but not sure if it takes into account that this is a satellite with top 4 getting tickets. Apricate any feedback.

My thoughts when shoving are is I have A5 suited which is a strong hand on the final table. I only have 5 big blinds with 2 other shortys in the mix. If I fold I'm like 2 hands away from the BB and then be even shorter. Even if the 2 shorty's bust I still need to find a spot to get chips quickly as others have larger stacks then I.

So ignoring the fact that the player after me woke up with QQ, does my above shove and thinking make sense for this spot?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220328-134804.jpg
    Screenshot_20220328-134804.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 14
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greetings

So I've been playing on ClubGG which charges you a monthly fee and you get to qualify for live events. I've been trying to qualify for the WSOP Main through this. The fields are super super soft.

There is a 3 stage Process.

Stage 1 - Multiple Qualifiers (pretty much a mind field of shoving)
Stage 2 - Sit and Go (9 Handed - 1 person gets ticket to stage 3)
*There are multiple table sit and goes buy i played a single table one*
Stage 3 - Tournament (Top 4 get buyins to this years Main Event)

I have at this point successfully made it to the final table of stage 3. Shooting for 1 of the tickets tot he Main.

I haven't really played satty's too much, but know that there is a lot of value in just surviving.

I'm the short stack (5bb). Attached is my screen shot of the hand.

My question is, is this a fold?

I ran it in ICMizer which says shove, but not sure if it takes into account that this is a satellite with top 4 getting tickets. Apricate any feedback.

My thoughts when shoving are is I have A5 suited which is a strong hand on the final table. I only have 5 big blinds with 2 other shortys in the mix. If I fold I'm like 2 hands away from the BB and then be even shorter. Even if the 2 shorty's bust I still need to find a spot to get chips quickly as others have larger stacks then I.

So ignoring the fact that the player after me woke up with QQ, does my above shove and thinking make sense for this spot?

Thank you for posting.

A5s is a fine shove in that spot with 9 players left. We have to get chips if we are in the bottom 3 at this point.

The data we are looking for to fold this hand would be

1 Blind increase just happened
2 Several players do not know satty play and over play big stack vs big stack
3 BB is getting walks sometimes

In order to win 4th place we just need to keep winning our blinds back but if the V are not letting that happen then we need more chips by risking the shove.

Hope this helps
:):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The screenshot is to blurry for me to see anything of, whats going on. Cant you get an actual hand history from GG Poker? Anyways as you already know, you can run the hand in ICMizer and get the answer to, weather this was a good or bad shove against opponents, who play GTO. ICMizer dont automatically know the payouts, but you can put in that information, which in a situation like this you absolutely should. You just create a new tournament and input the same price for 1-4 and nothing for the rest, and then you save it as "4 place satellite" or something. The numerical value of the price dont matter, so you can just put in 1$, 1$, 1$, 1$ or whatever, you feel like.

With that being said I agree with eetenor, that as the third shortest stack (if I understand it correctly) you cant fold your way to a seat, so you need to find spots to shove, and A5s is part of the "magic range", that can almost always be shoved first in for 10BB or less. As you say yourself, someone behind waking up with QQ is baked into the math already and does not make your shove bad. In fact you were lucky to have A5s and not a hand like JJ or TT, since A5s is only a 1:2 dog to QQ. So 1 in 3 times you more than dubble up here, and then you presumably have a good chance of winning a ticket.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 9 players remaining, you will need to chip up at some point.

A5 is a slam dunk shove given how short you are.

WSOP Folding in Poker Poker Tells