$6 NLHE MTT: How many of you can fold this one on turn? Do you fold it on turn?

Can you fold a low set on turn, if no possible completed straight,flush on the board?

• Yes, anytime. Depends on opponent stats.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I can, if it's near to ITM, FT or bubbles.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Never in late reg/rebuy phase.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This tourney would be one of my favorite, as one of the rare one with normal structure for me (2 hours late reg, and still deep after late reg ends), but in the last 4-5 times was out early pretty much similar ways like this one. (The 2nd hand just for fun, happened also yesterday, didn't see similar since few weeks.)

Curious about that, how many of you can fold a low set when no possible completed straight or flush on the board before the last card? (I put him on the JJ, AK-AJ range, so thought only one hand can beat me...)

https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...b389fa10c13f3bee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...05590d9ce56adbee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You ask this question, as if it would be some kind of accomplishment to fold bottom set in this hand, you shared. But it would not be an accomplisment. It would in fact be an extremely poor play. You started this hand with only around 50BB, and then your opponent is not only stacking off better sets. He has a range of hands, and sets are only a small part of it. He can also have two pair, he can have draws, and maybe he even (over)play his AK/AQ in this way. So this is just a cooler, where you happened to run into the absolute top of his range.

The only real question here is, should we just call his flop raise, or should we 3-bet and get it in. And I think, it was fine to just call, because you had position, so if he checked the turn, you could still get it in there. What we dont want in this situation is to allow him to see both the turn and river for free, if he is on a draw. So out of position I would get it in on the flop, but in position it can be fine to just call and then look to get it in on the turn :)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with fundiver. Folding this hand at any point would seem odd to me unless possibly you are up against the most passive person ever. Even so, that passive player would do the same with AJ which you beat so I cant see any thought to folding this. As far as how the hand was played I prefer getting it in with bottom set here on the flop especially on non rainbow boards. Once the villain has re raised me they are most likely not folding their hand unless it is air in which you arent getting any more anyway unless you know they will double barrel bluff. Im fine with calling the raise as long as you say to yourself no matter what card comes on the turn and river I am not folding. If you think you will have any doubt or could talk yourself into a fold it is better to then just go with it. If you run into a bigger set here, and you will sometimes, then it just is what it is.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not see this as a problem for myself. Obviously, it is better to fold if the risks are clearly not acceptable.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This tourney would be one of my favorite, as one of the rare one with normal structure for me (2 hours late reg, and still deep after late reg ends), but in the last 4-5 times was out early pretty much similar ways like this one. (The 2nd hand just for fun, happened also yesterday, didn't see similar since few weeks.)

Curious about that, how many of you can fold a low set when no possible completed straight or flush on the board before the last card? (I put him on the JJ, AK-AJ range, so thought only one hand can beat me...)

https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...b389fa10c13f3bee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...05590d9ce56adbee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

Thank you for posting.

In order to make an exploit fold on the turn you need data that supports a very narrow range by the V. The data is: they have to have an over set and would mostly play an over set this way.

That is a very difficult data set to be certain of online. Live we might get a read they are uber strong but online we need to be uber focused on this table and this V to conclude that they are that tight.

As we saw here this V check raised holding top set, when the fast majority of your range that you bet here could be folding, as that raise is indicative of a turn barrel for stacks from V which requires us to dump most of our draws to the check raise.
Based on SPR the V could have a full range of AX in that check raise and potentially combo draw semi bluffs.

Hope this helps
:):)

Folding in Poker