$530 NLHE MTT: Did I extract Max Value in a multiway pot?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live event, 4 hours in. I have about 10,000. The starting stack was 10,000 and average stack is about 16,000. I have a very tight image. My blinds have been attacked ruthlessly. Now the aggressive players on my right seem to be conducting an experiment to see just how small of a preflop raise I will fold my BB to.

Blinds are 150/300 with a 25 ante. starting pot = 675 My M=15

folds to the Hijack who makes it 600.
Button calls the 600. Both are aggressive players.
SB folds

I have :10h4: :7h4: and decide to flat. This is about the bottom of my defending range, but it was a min raise and there are antes. And since I'm suited, I've at least got a polished turd. :D I kinda like getting in cheap with these suited 2 gappers because it's REALLY easy to tell if I like the flop or not, and the straights can be pretty well disguised when you make them.

OK, 3 to a flop and pot contains 2175

flop is :ah4: :kh4: :jc4:

I check. hijack bets out 1,000. Button Calls. Pot contains 4,175 I'm getting a great price to call with my gutshot and flushdraw. so I call.

pot contains 5175 going to turn.

the turn is the beautiful :qs4: YAY! I check. Since they are aggressive players, I can count on at least 1 of them to bet. If they end up checking around a free card isn't too terrible since I have hearts.

the Hijack bets 2,500. The Button tanks, then calls. I Jam all in for my remaining ~6000. the Hijack insta- reships for a total of about 10k. The Button tank folds :ad4: :js4: face up.

The Hijack turns over :as4: :10d4: so we both have broadway, but I am free rolling the hearts, which seem live.

Was this proper to jam the turn? What about the rest of the hand? OK?

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems pretty straightforward I guess a case can be made for calling to bring along 2 pair hands but given the size of the pot with the effective stacks I don't really think it can be a big mistake to ship it here.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all looks good, would think about leading turn tho.