$50 NLHE Turbo: FINAL TABLE LIVE MTT TOURNEY 8 players left

O

ozvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$50 NL HE Turbo: FINAL TABLE LIVE MTT TOURNEY 8 players left

Ok so this is the Live regional final of a pub competition (180 runners) the blinds go up quickly and are fairly brutal. Payout is as follows:

1. $5000
2. $2500
3. $1300
4. $900
5. $650
6. $600
7. $550
8. $500

I have 285k in chips. Blinds are 15k/30k - with about 8 mins to 30k/60k.
M = 6.3
I m a mid sized stack - chip leader sabout 400k short stack is in SB with 160k, BB has 190k.

I'm dealt AJs in early-mid. Play is V tight

UTG folds
Player on my right folds
I shove
LP1 folds
CO folds
Button folds
SB folds
BB calls and flips over A,q os.

As it's the finaly table a lot of people are watching and one of the railbirds rolls his eyes and demands to know why I shoved with AJs when I could have just raised. (I basically figured if anyone came over the top I would have little fold equity, I'd stolen a couple of pots to get here and hanging around to get blinded out but move up the ladder a couple of places wasn t as valuable as possibly getting into the top four.)

If I'd been on the CO or button I would have just told him to piss off, but now I'm wondering if I did the wrong thing because I had five people to act after me. Oh I'm a girl by the way and I have noticed in live games male poker players tend to be v dismissive of women, I'm not sure my play would have been heckled as much if a bloke did it.

I ended up finishing 8th - a couple of hands later my A,K lost to pocket 6s (fair enough)

Any thoughts?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shoving seems super duper standard.. I guess he's a railbird for a good reason.. :D

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess he's a railbird for a good reason.. :D

haha. shows what he knows huh? raising with a M of 6. laughable.

The payout structure at the bottom is pretty flat so even if you had folded this and moved up a notch in money when the small stacks bust out it wouldnt have made much diff. The jump to 4th and higher is pretty big. This is a good spot to play for 1st. Totally standard.

O

ozvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol - thanks guys, that's what I thought, but you know sometimes it's easy to start to have doubts, especially when idiots heckle you.

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You started the hand with less than 10 BBs, any hand that you are going to play, you should be willing to go all the way with. If you bumped it to 80k would u have folded with 30% of your stack already invested? Probably not, thus shoving is auto since you maximize your fold equity

Organize a Home Poker Game